Car rego suppressed on Motorweb?

rpvr, Nov 18, 2:11am
I was looking up a car rego on Motorweb, and it came up with the statement "Confidential owner - information suppressed". Never struck this before. What kind of owner can have their information suppressed on what is essentially a public record? ZK5331

martin11, Nov 18, 2:12am
Police Judges etc they are not normally on the electrol rolls either

rpvr, Nov 18, 2:26am
Very odd. Couple of young hoons accelerating very fast in a narrow suburban street.

tony9, Nov 18, 2:35am

johotech, Nov 18, 2:44am
Probably fail the math question

rpvr, Nov 18, 2:53am
So I guess you think it's ok to accelerate dangerously on a narrow street with no footpaths and young kids walking on the shoulder on their way home from school? Takes all kinds, I guess.

oldboyjohn, Nov 18, 2:57am
I don't think anyone is suggesting it is OK, but if you have the Reg no just report it, and let the Police do their job, which is, after all, what they are paid to do!

rpvr, Nov 18, 3:57am
The reason I looked on Motorweb was to confirm the make, I'm not great with car model ID. I thnk it was a Honda but not 100% sure.

tintop, Nov 18, 4:21am
How about carjam ?

hamhonda, Nov 18, 4:26am
I think even employees at the prisons have their vehicle details suppressed as do a lot of government staff etc. Odd that one would be hooning around unless it was one of their kids driving it

woodypc, Nov 18, 4:58am
Mine was like that. I brought it from a Police Officer.

saxman99, Nov 18, 5:22am
Anyone can have these details made private by requesting it in writing and having a good reason such as personal security.

rpvr, Nov 18, 6:16am
I can see the reasoning, but why is there any need to suppress basic details like make, model, and year of manufacture? You could read these off the licence label if you could get close enough to the car.

xs1100, Sep 28, 6:27pm
because its to easy to SLIP UP FROM THERE AND RELEASE ALL THE INFO TO SOME GANG MEMBER and then go "ahh sorry didn't mean too"