Looking at buying 2004 Civic any faults with them?

kazbanz, Jul 21, 1:20am
The only issue with that car is the paint fade. I betcha a chokkie fish that its worse than it looks--or if not it will be in a couple of weeks when the polish goes.

rbd, Jul 21, 5:41am
Wife got one a few months back. Seems fine, only thing she does not like is the awful feel to the electric power steering on the motorway and the poor turning circle (compared to her previous 1992 3 door civic). Electric power steering also intermittently faults but I haven't actually looked at that yet, will start with an alignment for the poor tracking on motorway.

Sufficiently grunty for round town and open road. Happily drove WLG-AKL in it in one day.

Hers is blue NZ new with tan leather. Paint is fine apart from multitude of stone chips and small blemishes having been a south island's grannies car.

I also drove a jap import with 7 speed CVT and they perform much better, but they all seems to be grey with beige interior, yawn.

explorer10, Jul 21, 8:23am
Thanks for the info.

bryshaw, Jul 21, 10:34am
Any help?
http://www.drive.com.au/used-car-reviews/honda-civic-200206-20110825-1jani.html

The 8th generation 2006-11 is a far better model.

explorer10, Jul 21, 10:46pm
Thanks, very informative site. Just a little worried about the electric power steering issues, there seems to be a lot of problems posted on several site. Still most cars have at least one fault.

jason_247, Jan 10, 2:29am
Also Make sure the cvt fluid gets changed on time. if it applies
honda recommend 100kms but 70kms is abit better especially if you are doing city driving.

easy change can be done at home and the fluid is about $90 from honda.
Dont use anything else as its honda specific stuff