No spark

paghan, Aug 18, 7:16am
just done the head on a Toyota 3SFE 2.0L 4cyl engine and I have no spark to any for the plugs

the plus all had spark a day ago when I had not earthed the injectors so not fuel to each cylinder

now I have fuel but loss the spark any help ?

mugenb20b, Aug 18, 7:31am
Is the camshaft turning when you crank the engine?

paghan, Aug 18, 7:38am
yes cam is turn and so is the rotor

intrade, Aug 18, 8:36am
do you have power and ground on igniter? and did you check fuses?
also what you say makes no sense
injectors are not earthed
the injector have constant power supply and the engine ecu earths them for what ever duration to turn them on ,
if you would earth the injectors they would spray nonstop all the time.

bigfatmat1, Aug 18, 8:55am
Maybe you earthing the injectors had something to do with why it now has no spark. Since injectors are not connected directly to ground. Like burnt them out and blew some fuses!

paghan, Aug 18, 9:32am
the earth was part of the loom which the injectors are in as well
the injectors where not work until it was put back on the back of the inlet manifold

there was spark the when the injectors where not working (plugs where dry after turning over ) now they are there is no spark at any of the 4 plugs

all the fuses test out ok

dasfi, Aug 18, 9:44am
I had a mitsy with the same problem, ended up scrapping it

intrade, Aug 18, 9:46am
thats a earth lug. you probably have more earths not connected . you should always reconnect wires to where you removed them
put a jumper cable from minus battery therminal to the engine block and see if it starts then.

cone1, Aug 20, 5:51am
Short in the ignition coil, spark is going to ground.
Coil is in the distributor, it's quite common.

paghan, Sep 17, 7:02pm
solved it was one of the three little time coils inside the distributor it had picked up and pull all the copper wire out and raped around the shaft