Nissan Stagea,

wildwest3, Jul 7, 4:44am
Any body had one? Good or bad? I'm looking at updating my Ce Firo, and this looks like one of the choices.

bumfacingdown, Jul 7, 5:07am
I bought one late last year, 05 3.5ltr one.
The one I got is not the top of the range, which suits me, rear wheel drive (others are four wheel drive) and not all the bells and whistles.
I have found it to be a great car, very comfortable and surprisingly (to me anyway) economical.
To date I have no complaints about it.

motorboy2011, Jul 7, 5:38am
I've had a c34 rs4 turbo (180kw, 4wd) and now have an m35 350rx four (200kw,4wd). The c34 is indestructible, watch for rust under the mirrors, almost guaranteed to have it. In the m35 watch for cracks in the alloy rear subframe. The c34 is better for towing. The m35 is far nicer to drive, steering is a little light though. Only 20kw between them but the 5 speed auto in the m35 makes a lot of difference. 0 to 100 of both below.

https://youtu.be/PNpAKeu9bcc https://youtu.be/yHlpOhV2HV4

bumfacingdown, Jul 7, 6:13am
First clip comes up as private

motorboy2011, Jul 7, 6:35am
sorted

bumfacingdown, Jul 7, 7:17am
Ta, more than happy with my 3.5 natural breathing Stagea.

bumfacingdown, Jul 7, 9:33am
Which model Stagea were you thinking of, year engine etc, could make a difference in peoples experience

gpg58, Jul 7, 11:51am
Had a 97 4wd 2.5, frankly after my 91 a31 cefiro it was a total pig, hungry for its size, crap handling if driven faster than by an old lady(a31's point so nicely), my stagea just sledged the front end when pushed.
Also hated the 4wd system, only engaging front drive when rear was already slipping, caused many a heart stopping moment and close calls at speed on shingle.
I love Nissan usually but out of the 8 i have i owned, it was definitely the worst for all but shopping trips 3/10.
Ps holden aventra (sx6)years later was much the same handling wise, but no more hungry and way faster.

motorboy2011, Jul 7, 7:37pm
I found the c34 4wd tended to understeer rather than oversteer, and to be honest thats how I expected a big heavy 4wd wagon to handle. The m35 4wd I have tends to oversteer, I assumed this was the 4wd tending to kink in less than the c34s 4wd system did.

timmo1, Jul 7, 8:50pm
Do the 4WD 3.5s run HICAS/4WS? I know it was in the 250t M35. I found the sensation of 4WS a bit odd.

motorboy2011, Jul 7, 10:44pm
No hicas in mine, it's likely an option though.

wildwest3, Jul 8, 5:44am
Interesting you say that, I have a 93 Ce Firo now, I would happily go for a later version of that, in Station Wagon, I love the ride handling comfort reliability. was looking to the Stagea as Maxima-Ce firo wagons are harder to find in later models.

rovercitroen, Mar 8, 2:15am
I had an M35 Stagea for a couple of years. Nice car. Only criticism would be steering that is too light and lacking road feel. I was advised to buy the 3.5 litre as it does not have the direct injection engine which can give issues. Nice wagons.