Kazbanz please

willy911, Aug 21, 3:08am
my son coming back from oz ,wants to bring his 2004 pajero 3.2 diesel,knows how much to ship from there to auck wharfe,do you know custom charges and rego cost from this side please

kazbanz, Aug 21, 3:12am
willy--sorry dude Im 99% certain that an 04 pajero diesel can't be complied.
It has to be euro 4 or a 3 didget emission code and the 04 pajero is (to my knowledge 2 didget)
So it could come here yes--count on paying 15% gst on cars value and freight. Compliance/rego would cost around $1000
BUT again--I think 07/08 is the earliest pajero diesel you can bring in. -unless he waits 5 years to comply it.

rpvr, Aug 21, 4:18am
I thought it was different if you wanted to bring your own vehicle that you have owned and used for some time, as distinct from simply trying to bring a vehicle you have just bought?

westwyn, Aug 21, 5:32am
No, Kazbanz is correct, the 2004 Pajero diesel will NOT comply with the Exhaust Emission Rule "stage 3" full stop. Even if it is a private import- it makes no difference. And Kaz- he'll be waiting 9 years, not 5! ;-)

Tell your son he needs to leave it in Australia and sell it there.

sw20, Sep 18, 9:26am
You can get refunded the GST. They changed the rules last November for bringing in personal belongings.

As long as you have owned the vehicle for over 12 months, have been overseas for 21 months or more, you can't sell the car for two years once you arrive and you can only claim the GST back once you arrive.

Wether the car complies or not is a different story.