Mitsubishi - Comm Chariot N84W 97-02 GDI Fuel Pump

hotrod, Nov 24, 9:12am
My Mitsubishi Chariot Fuel pump has packed up The sticker is teal blue with these numbers MD351018 E3T5047. I have been offered another petrol pump with these numbers & sticker teal blue has MD351018 AND E3T01871. would this fit & function on my Chariot

intrade, Nov 24, 9:14am
the question is what destroyd your one?

hotrod, Nov 24, 9:20am
My Chariot was purchased with the stuffed pump .

franc123, Nov 24, 9:46am
Yeah but why is it stuffed, if its stuffed at all? Fuel contamination, a dodgy intank pump, blocked filters including the micro filters in the HP pump itself could be faulty, they don't die for no reason. You need to know what you are doing with GDI, or any other fuel system for that matter before throwing new parts at it and maybe killing them too. If a google of the part numbers doesn't reveal what the difference is, if anyhting, then best ring a Mitsi agent with your chassis code.

intrade, Nov 24, 10:46am
Sounds a bit like you should not have purchased it . First of all gdi is a absolute complete different thing to normal petrol injection. they are more closely related to commonrail diesel then normal petrol cars technology wise.

yogibearz, Nov 24, 5:20pm
no i would only fit the absolute same part number and using second hand parts in any GDI is a risk in its self.

supernova2, Nov 24, 10:02pm
Have you actually checked that the pump is stuffed?

Hope that is all that's wrong with it. Be a miracle if there is nothing else wrong with it.

phillip.weston, Nov 25, 4:18am
It's the same pump sharing the MD351018 part number. The ET number is the production serial number.

hotrod, Sep 11, 5:04pm
Thanks for that.That is the answer to the question that I was looking for.