Yeah, I know its rare, and Yes I'd love one,,, but

malcolmc, Sep 6, 8:17am
It looks like one that was dissolving in a paddock at Bay View, north of Napier. It disappeared a few years ago and I assumed it had gone to a wreckers but in Photo 11 the sticker says (I think) 'Hastings Testing Station'.
Perhaps the car lives after all. It had been in the paddock for a very very long time.

noswalg, Sep 7, 10:42pm
Well ya missed out Muzz, There was a nice straight convertible ST down in Queenstown that went for just over $2000 from memory back in June, needed a bit of work but still looked a lot tidier than the one you've posted. If it had been in the North island I may have thrown a bid or 2 in.

richardmayes, Sep 7, 11:17pm
I don't know anything about those, they don't really seem like anything that would set anyone's heart on fire. but then, the kind of classics I'm into are cars that somebody else would probably say exactly the same thing about.

Live and let lie. Incredible though it may seem, there ARE car enthusiasts out there who are NOT obsessed with large V8s!

intrade, Sep 8, 1:35am
first thing i was thinking seeing the immage of the whole car.
Cracked dash board.
i used to like these cars but its not exactly something i would waste money on to restore even now

hotrodtodd1, Sep 8, 6:06am
Its the rust that will frighten off everyone - from Jappa lovers thru to old type V8 lovers

Rust never sleeps

bwg11, Jul 20, 6:33pm
I'm almost certain this one is 1978 RA40, not a 1977, which was the rather cool, Mustang shaped RA28 Liftback.

The TA22, which this thread is about was a great car, shame this one is not the 5 speed. An Australian magazine road tested one with a turbo and body kit, titled the test, "Slicker, Sleeker, Celica".