Heavy duty clutch.means what?

skin1235, Sep 28, 6:21am
won't be twice the weight but will be slightly heavier, the plates will have deeper profiles, and will be be of a better product, the pressure plate will have a little more meat, may be ventilated, and will have stronger rated application springs/spring disc, the shock load springs will be stronger and bigger and the center boss with the teeth may be an improved version ( thicker or slightly harder_

panicky, Sep 28, 6:31am
heavy duty generally means the pressure plate has higher clamp force diaphragm fitted. Normally the clutch plate is the same as the standard kit.

poppy62, Sep 28, 6:40am
Hi Ambo! Give Neil a call at Auto Clutch in Kingsland. He is the shizzle for everything clutch. Also great prices and you can buy indidual items as opposed to only full clutch assembly from Repco etc.,

2sheddies, Sep 28, 6:55am
Ambo mate. the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

ambo11, Sep 28, 7:14am
Cheers all for replies, I'm not really up with clutches, but to me sounds like the heavy duty is good value, ( I tow a lot and actually use the 4WD) and poppy I might ring that bloke, get an idea on cost. Will wait till the motor comes out to check what is worn etc. thanks all.

m16d, Sep 28, 7:33am
Heavy duty means you'll need two feet to push it down.

joanie04, Sep 28, 7:39am
My uncle in Australia can't drive for shite. He had an older Holden, three speed column shift. Was trying to get it into first from second while still travelling at a reasonable speed. When my aunt asked what the noise was (grunching of the gearbox) he responded it is the heavy duty clutch my dear. His nephew and I in the back seat were wetting ourselves with laughter. Aunt also knew better lol.

ambo11, Sep 29, 4:36am
Jeeze never thought of that. maybe I'll just go standard. cheers

supernova2, Sep 29, 6:44am
So true

Back in the day had a gearbox job done on a Triumph 2.5PI O/d. NZMC kindly fitted a heavy duty clutch whilst they were on the job. The hydraulics lasted less than a week.

sr2, Apr 17, 11:34am
I think you'll find the standard clutch (and the gearing) will be more than adequate for pulling heavy loads.