Toll road

Page 1 / 2
intrade, Aug 3, 5:39am
what in the hell are these morons doing?
the kiosk are removed to pay signs say pay at bp.
Bp is on the other side of motorway so on my way back we went there also no kiosk but 2 women with laptop handing you some brochure upgrade blabla pay online and now
when you go online this crap?
if i had knowen what a nightmare it is i would driven round it we did on the way back .
seriously man they rip you off since years for a few meters
and now this only governments can get away with stuff like this

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/roads-and-rail/toll-roads/
Toll road website issues

exwesty, Aug 3, 5:50am
You have no problems using the internet as you post here often.

Do you have access to a credit card?

I do and it takes about 90 seconds to pay for a trip or two online.
What's your problem?

intrade, Aug 3, 6:05am
did you look at the website it tells you what i posted below the link
how am i supposed to pay when it just says try again later as we have issues since 24h or more now.
how do you propose i pay the morons? ring the number and wait 2 days on the phone because that is what everyone is doing since nothing works?

sred69, Aug 3, 6:14am
You need to calm down as you are coming across as a MORON, the website is down, they have extended the time you have to pay pay tomorrow or Tuesday when web site is back up or pick up the phone.

mojo49, Aug 3, 6:16am
You have got 19 days to pay while they are having problems. Give them 24 hours and I bet it will up and running again. I used to pay online. Have never used the cash booths. Seems counterproductive to me to stop and pay. Takes more time than you save. Might as well just go the long/scenic route. I do that just for the hell of it every now and then. I like to drive through Orewa and Silverdale to see what has changed. I set up an account a couple of years back seeing I use the tunnels often. Great system. When they top up my account with $10 via my credit card I get a txt and an email. It happens within minutes of me going through the toll cameras. I was anti the tolls when it was proposed but the account system I have, the stop free toll camera method and the quality and convenience of the road has completely changed my mind. I am all for toll roads when they are as well run as the Puhoi one and so good to drive on.

stevo2, Aug 3, 6:17am
The website is down at the moment.
Because of that, they have now given you 19 days to pay instead of 5.
Edit, I Was too slow in typing eh

intrade, Aug 3, 6:29am
so i am supposed to try for 19 days to pay the thugs waste my time every day over and over?
its already 24h since i last wanted to pay .

countrypete, Aug 3, 6:35am
Surely there are other countries that you could go to that aren't run by "thugs" or "morons" as you so often refer to them as. Surely you would be a happier person somewhere else?

busdriverman, Aug 3, 6:37am
And the toll for the toll road going to the Kaimais when you pay online is now $1.80 instead of $2.00 that it used to be. And now I don't have to hunt around the car for a $2.00 coin.

So as far as I am concerned it is far more convenient.

intrade, Aug 3, 6:45am
yea and how do you pay i dont have a problem with the charge i have a problem that now i cant pay at all.

tats63, Aug 3, 6:55am
I've got a problem - I have to pay the toll on my motorbike now, same price as a car, what a rip off!

skull, Aug 3, 7:00am
Open yourself an account then and you will never have to fart around paying your $2 for each trip, it will come out of your toll road account and auto top up when it gets low. You spend far too much being angry and not enough time looking for a sensible solution. How many trips would you do on a toll road each month?

intrade, Aug 3, 7:03am
NOTHING WORKS WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT .! HOW DO YOU MAKE A ACCOUNT IF NOOO FKN THING OF THERE CRAP WORKS! AND
I AM NOT ANGRY ITS MY COMPUTER WHOM IS ANGRY NOT ME!

skull, Aug 3, 7:10am
Best you just walk away for a day or two until they sort it out. While you are waiting you could try cleaning your keyboard, there appears to be some food stuck under the Caps Lock button.

busdriverman, Aug 3, 7:27am
OK they have just opened the new toll road this weekend that bypasses te puke.They are now encouraging everyone who plans to use the road to open an account to make it easy to pay. So it seems that cos everyone has left it till the last minute do this, the system has crashed. Fairly normal when lots of people go to register for something new.

So chill, wait a day or so, then go and try again.

intrade, Aug 3, 7:30am
i like to do things as i forget and i dont have time for this crap when i go ski in the next days then i dont want to try every day to run after them with my money they wont take because they cant get there crap in order.

Also on brendirven be carfull the cockroaches are in the 50kph zone. i drive 45 kph to 48 max there they dont get any revenue gatherd off me if i can help it.

bill-robinson, Aug 3, 7:40am
do not pay, simple. I have never paid a toll, must have been up and down about 100 times since the tunnel opened

intrade, Aug 3, 7:46am
lol bill-robinson did you ever leave the country and is the veicle registration to your mail adress?

2sheddies, Aug 3, 7:51am
I only ever used that toll road once. when it was first opened they allowed you to drive along it toll free. The rest of the time thereafter I used the old road. No hassles with toll booths, queues, equipment failures, not to mention saving money. I used to laugh at all the people queued up, fiddling at the toll machines, thinking I'd be in Silverdale before they even get going again. I found fuel use and time saved was negligible for me, although to be fair I didn't need to use the road everyday for commuting purposes where savings in both time and money may well add up eventually. Plus the scenery is nicer on the old road.

xs1100, Aug 3, 8:58am
must admit I was peed off on Friday trying to pay the tolls and its fine if you have a account as I do for my normal car but when your normal car breaks down and is in the franchise yard waiting to get fixed and you have a rental and you don't want the rental put against yr account so that you pay for every other person as well and then the website keeps crashing yes it does get frustrating

xs1100, Aug 3, 8:59am
and then Saturday you ring the number and they go through all the ka fuffle and it tells you the voice message that you will be charged a premium for talking to someone and then you find out that the credit card did work and that because its a rental it has a outstanding from a year ago and would you like to pay that also.

upnorth, Aug 3, 9:06am
I'm not sure about me using a rental on my account as you may well be paying arrears if users haven't paid for their trips.

sr2, Aug 3, 9:13am
+1; sadly the newest arrivals are usually the ones that complain the most.

tintop, Aug 3, 9:19am
Always some one who dodges their share eh ?

tamarillo, Aug 3, 9:20am
We have toll roads in New Zealand! Jeez you buggers live on the wrong island.