Honda Odyssey wheel nut?

fbndecor, Aug 16, 7:37am
I went to change my daughter's tyre the other day and have realised that it has a locking wheel nut on each wheel. She has no idea where the key would be, as she bought the car 'as traded' about 6 months ago. Is there a specific place in the car that it would be stored (it is not in the case with the wheel brace) or alternatively, can we use anything else to get the tyre off the car. It is too flat to pump up and drive to the garage. Can a replacement key be bought?

franc123, Aug 16, 7:55am
Could be anywhere in the car if its in there at all, door side pockets and centre console trays and even ash trays are common hiding places. A tyre shop may be able to help with a key, otherwise its going to have to be removed with, ahem, butcherous methods by a mechanic. They're a stupid idea anyway, anyone cheeky enough to want to flog wheels probably isn't going to have an issue with breaking in to find the lock nut, and the nut has to be stored somewhere in the car otherwise you end up with the problem you have. Replace them with standard nuts and never worry about it again.

seadubya, Aug 16, 7:59am
I had the same problem a few years ago, the guy who got it off used something like this, http://www.amazon.com/Gator-Grip-ETC-200MO-Universal-Socket/dp/B000065CJ8

kazbanz, Oct 3, 1:25am
Make contact with the dealer concerned. Ask them the question.
They might very well have the key rattling around somewhere.
places locknuts are found-Glovebox,centre console,in/around the spare wheel. also actually taped to the wheel brace
otherwise -I have a collection of cheap n nasty sockets for exactly that situation.I literally bash the socket on over the locknut and undo it.
Socket is usually destroyed but then you can remove the wheel and have 4 other wheel nuts holding the wheel on till you can get a normal Honda wheel nut.
To be honest I would go round the whole car and take all the locknuts off.