Whats wrong with some people?

car_gurl, Oct 4, 9:48pm
So on the advise of many lovely people on here we listed our car on $1 resesve. We didnt expect much but bidding got high and had about 5 bidding highly in the last day and it was won at $655. Not one person viewed the car. (1 no show)
Anyway we just needed it gone so were pleased it was won. Most bidders were local but the one who won it was not. He emailed a day after the auction won saying funds fell thru and hes happy for a red face. I placed one on him last night. perhaps harsh but the truth and it seems a regular occurance. We got a threatening email asking us to delete the red or he will place bad feedback. We didnt. then got ridiculous feedback saying he viewed the car amd its rubbish etc! Why cant some people just take it on the chin!

msigg, Oct 4, 10:42pm
Because they don't have too, This day and age there is no responsibility, hate to say it but comes from all levels. You need to tow it to the wreckers or sell again.

mantagsi, Oct 4, 10:47pm
"Funds fell through" my arse. I've dealt with these type s before; they bid on dozens of dollar car auctions and only honour the first / best one they win, the rest get a cock and bull story to avoid negative feedback. Stick to your guns!

differentthings, Oct 4, 10:53pm
Give TM a email and ask for the FB to be removed.

franc123, Oct 4, 11:19pm
Very good response, but you shouldn't need to take that sort of crap from someone who couldn't be bothered viewing. Why people choose to outright lie in these situations when there is a proven paper trail to the contrary is anyone's guess.

westwyn, Oct 4, 11:20pm
+1
This.

"Personal responsibility" and "TradeMe" are not terms that go hand in hand.

tigertim20, Oct 4, 11:41pm
alot of that goes on.

all you can really do, is look at the feedback of people bidding, and remove any you dont feel good about.

State terms clearly re payment etc in your auction, and if youve been given a ridiculous feed back, contact trademe with all the relevant details / communication, and the should remove it if its unfair

tgray, Oct 5, 12:06am
I see he is now running a $1 reserve car auction. Are you interested in bidding for it?

myrns, Oct 5, 12:07am
I get sick of seeing obvious shill bidding or the bidding up of auto bids, if not that people who bid just for the sake of "I dont really want the car but dont want someone else getting it too cheap"

dasfi, Oct 5, 12:27am
Im in welly and saw the car, may still be interested in it if you have it?

daryl14, Oct 5, 1:29am
I reckon placing negative feedback is pretty risky nowadays. The guy might be a P head for all you know. Better off just placing no feedback at all. It's just not worth the hassle, as you have just found.

mals69, Oct 5, 1:51am
Your reply is a good example of the cocks that are out there !
Because they don't have too ? Cannot even say if you had another
braincell it would be lonely when you do not even have one to begin
with !

msigg, Oct 5, 2:02am
mals69 you are talking about yourself I think. Example is just that. An Example. Are you simple?.

tony9, Mar 25, 9:28am
Disagree. I have had a couple of these, given red feedback and got red back in retaliation. TradeMe removed the retaliatory feedback.

Now I tend to watch auctions near close and blacklist and remove bids from those who are a bit suspect.