Still van shopping.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 10, 7:26pm
Both videos are of about the same age. You are more than welcome to post the "new" Hiace in a crash test if you can find one, I would have if I had spotted it.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 10, 7:28pm
No design defect, yet it keeps happening, and presumably it keeps happening because like the fair go situation, the water trap and warning system does not work?

15K is a LOT for such a repair, I would actually expect some more affordable options from other brands and their service departments. But even if not, that's not the point, the point is Hyundai's seem to have this problem, not just the several that have turned up on here but I have seen them turn up at Turners like this as well.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 10, 7:33pm
I don't think you understand what bias means, or what point you are trying to make.
If it is that Europe likes everything Japanese, then why did they completely reject the Hiace?
I am not saying everything Japanese is bad, if that is your point. I really like some Honda product too.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 10, 7:34pm
I don't know why every thread where the obvious is pointed out (That the Hiace is a steaming pile) has to turn in to childish nonsense. Why can't we all just accept the blatantly obvious and move on?

thejazzpianoma, Jul 10, 7:38pm
OP, I had another thought for you. I know they are hard to find, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out for an ex demo or similar slightly used Mercedes Vito. If you could fluke one for your budget, I think that would really have to be the winner IMO. They really are the king of vans and for good reason IMO.
Like I say, you probably won't fluke one for your budget, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out just in case.

henderson_guy, Jul 10, 10:17pm
Cause it's only your opinion? Cause the hiace still can be the most suitable van for some purposes? Cause you don't speak for everyone else?

johotech, Jul 11, 5:09am
Just a crazy idea Vivac, have you thought about the Suzuki APV? I've seen a few of them around as trade vehicles. Not as modern design (engine) as the others and only has three star ANCAP rating. But quite a lot cheaper.

Seems the only "van" with a five star ANCAP is the Mercedes Vito.

3tomany, Jul 11, 6:00am
ford transit is 5 star

vivac, Feb 18, 4:12pm
Friend has one, it didn't make the lists at all, its not really good at all.

Drove the new Transit Custom today, drives really well and is comfortable, and on everything I have read and driven its down to the Caddy and the Transit.
The transit is quite huge and costs a bit more than the caddy, im leaning to buying a caddy then if we require a big van a bit later the ford will join the fleet.
Now just need to beat VW down on their pricing.

Thanks for the input guys, as usual it turned into a jazz vs everyone thread, but it was infact a bit helpful.