Discovery Turbo - Chasing Classic Cars

ryanm2, Nov 17, 6:57am
great program - its really informative.

mals69, Nov 17, 9:32am
2nd that !

sr2, Nov 17, 9:49am
And a 3rd here!
Anything on TV that doesn't involve cooking, endless DIY, Suzan Paul or saving the bloody whales or Kardashian's (hard to pick the difference) has to be a step in the right direction!.

biddy6, Nov 17, 7:05pm
What channel and at what time, thanks

tamarillo, Nov 17, 7:15pm
Is this another sky channel? Hope not.
YouTube?

socram, Nov 17, 8:04pm
Sky channel. Some good stuff coming up too. About time we had a channel to suit petrolheads.

To add to sr2's list, don't forget Sky also has rugby channels & 2 dog meat racing channels - and we can also do without programmes on embarrassing bodies; wife swap (not what I thought it was going to be. ); fatties trying to lose weight; pathetic hoarders and anything to do with overcoming some genetic disability; or any form of personal makeover; whinging beneficiaries with a fag in one hand and a beer in the other; training wayward kids and pets.

Doesn't leave much! At least we can spot classic cars in "Midsomer Murders" plus "Inspector George Gently" and other period programmes.

Even caught my wife watching Downton Abbey and two Bentleys having a 'race'.

debulebule, Nov 17, 9:25pm
This channel has been playing in other countries for years, glad they finally bought it here. Lived in Thailand for 3 years and they always had it there. Recently named it to Discovery DMAX. Not sure why, but same content and still awesome.

bjmh, Nov 17, 9:45pm
socram . fully agree . add the undateables to your list W.T.F are we trying to teach our kids.Try Fargo on soho. a bloody good watch and some cool yank tanks

mals69, Nov 17, 9:47pm
Undateables ? Show teaches kids to celebrate peoples differences, they have a heart etc like anyone else. Its the unknown that causes judgements

chas10, Nov 18, 6:25am
Great to see the old American Hot Rod reruns too. The only downside with Discovery Turbo is the amount of ads

ryanm2, Nov 18, 6:47am
Discovery Turbo - Sky 75. Every week day at 7.30pm

lookoutas, Nov 19, 4:49am
Some pretty good stuff on there. Don't bother watching that plonker building bikes. There ya go - can't even remember his name.

Had tea with the Smashed Palace duo last night. I mentioned to Barb that it must have been good for biz, and she said the phone & emails haven't stopped.
Apparently there's truck loads of filming in the can, so there could be more episodes than the 8 shown, if they want.

reb53, Nov 20, 5:36am

stockyz, Nov 20, 5:41am
i enjoyed the cars that rock episode on the mini

beachy, Nov 22, 1:21am
Wheeler dealers is a laugh - honest guys and some good cars,
But my god the Americans have got too much money and all the great cars

kingfisher21, Nov 22, 1:41am
Wheeler Dealers is a laugh alright, those 2 havn't got a bloody clue, buy the biggest heaps of shit possible, my god, that one with the Lotus, it smoked more than a steam train, it was stuffed.

socram, Sep 24, 9:17am
I think you'll find that the Arabs and the Japanese have a fair bit of stuff and I would imagine the Chinese are also 'investing', not to mention the rich Russians. However, there are a fair few Kiwis with impressive collections too.