Mitsubishi Triton owners (4 wd)

flange9, Dec 16, 11:07am
What tyres?, new tyres required - currently BF Goodrich LT 265/65R17, but at $445 each just having a rethink as to if we really need AT tyres or if HT would suffice - mostly road (some gravel) work, some across the farm but prob 90/10 ish road/farm work, what do you have/recommend?. Current tyre have been good for milage etc, a little noisey on the road but better than what we had on it before.

brapbrap8, Dec 16, 11:39am
I am using Bridgestone Dueller 697 A/Ts, I never noticed they were any noisier or worse on road than the HT tyres that were factory, they seem good all round and they often have good specials on them.

I am going for Coopers next time around though, I drive very bad roads so I have been struggling to get 25,000km from the Bridgestones as a result.
Other locals tell me they have been getting much better mileage from Coopers than anything else.

pico42, Dec 16, 12:06pm
We typically use Bridgestone Duellers as well (6 - 7 triton work vehicles amongst others), both the HT and AT patterns. Get good wear out of them, even in the hotter climates and dirt roads (note, in Aus), but cheaper than the BFG's.
If they got any real low range use, I would go up to a good BFG or similar.

wind.turbine, Dec 16, 8:57pm
I use bridgestone AT on my triton and too have seem to have gone through them but know its my driving, my parents have the same on their Colorado and at about the same KM look brand new wheres mine at 25000KM have worn more than half way.

tyre ware has a lot to do with the driver!

oraki2, Dec 17, 7:59pm
I had GT Radials Savaro ATs on when I got mine. They had done abit, but I put another 45 on them. they were good on road, and not to bad off. Extra right boot and diff lock certainly helped sometimes. I've just put on some Coopers ST. Very similar pattern to the BFG AT. Yep, abit more road noise, but I'll be able to go everywhere without the pucker factor coming on

oraki2, Dec 17, 8:06pm
The coopers set us back $330 a corner, but the fella that fitted them reckoned that he's seen them go over 80000 km on logging utes. Buy once,cry once. Another thing to consider is puncture resistance. Jokers I work with get the cheap and nasty's, and are forever getting flats. Have always put higher quality on, and can't recall getting one fixed

flange9, Dec 18, 10:57am
Anyone have the Kumho KL78? are an AT tyre - $350 each, wondering if they're worth considering

stevo2, May 29, 5:32pm
A mates got Coopers on his Hilux. Done 60,000km an only look half worn.
If spending big bux on tyres I would keep the wheel alignment up to date.