Toyota ad

Page 1 / 2
bjmh, Nov 30, 10:28pm

bjmh, Nov 30, 10:30pm
interested to see what mtb thinks of this ad,general seem to be shafting it.

lk104, Nov 30, 10:48pm
Another great Hilux advert. No doubt will upset some animal lover weirdo's, but its a bit of fun so they need to lighten up.
Whether you like it or hate it, it doesn't matter, by having people talk about it like this, it has made its mark.

mm12345, Nov 30, 11:06pm
We're living in an age where if you a photo of video of something on your facebook page of something which might have even possibly just hurt the feelings of a stupid cat (including calling cats stupid) and made any comment other than totally condemning the inhumanity and cruelty and lack of sensitivity and feeling, you'd face bulk unfriending and hatred and threats of violence. Happened to me once on these MBs, when I'd commented about shooting a wild cat in a national park right up the backside with a .270, and how it kind of exploded and all I could find was the tail, making me wonder for a minute if I'd missed it's wormy poo-hole and instead just blown it's tail clean off leaving a wild manx cat in the bush. I'm a bit colour-blind and couldn't see the bloody splatter and bits of brain, guts, and fur splattered over a wide radius until I got closer. For doing the planet that favour, I got death threats on here.
Good on Toyota for that ad. I doubt they'll lose too many sales to outraged sensitive city dwelling types.

angelab, Nov 30, 11:20pm
. city dwelling types. They seem to be the main buyers of 4x4s here. Suits living in 1/8 acre cookie cutter houses, looking in the mirror and seeing a "crump" looking back?

tamarillo, Nov 30, 11:58pm
disgusting. You don't have to be a weirdo to show some respect for other life. Just human.

mals69, Dec 1, 12:16am
Well said !

The views shown by two in particular here I automatically put them in the weak gutted basket - can only get a feeling of false power by wanting to be part of belittling animals.

The advert is sick ! Toyota has lost the plot and no doubt will lose
plenty of future sales with fortunately there being more people in
NZ with kind hearts than not.

lk104, Dec 1, 12:30am
What is sick about it?
Lose plenty of future sales - do you really think that will happen - mate you're dreamin!

purple666, Dec 1, 12:54am
Had seen a shortened version on TV, great to see the whole thing. Food gathering at its best.

mm12345, Dec 1, 1:14am
If you're referring to my post, then shooting wild cats is showing respect for other life. That one suffered far less than it would have if it had been cage-trapped to be eventually put down.

carstauranga001, Dec 1, 1:42am
I very much dislike this ad. It does nothing to sell any qualities the vehicle may have. Is there nothing it does better than the opposition to promote?

Yeah na, I think if I was buying a new ute I'd head over to Ford/Mazda and try the new facelift Ranger/BT-50.

lookoutas, Dec 1, 6:03am
Not one of the best.

There's BS and good BS.
I laugh at good BS - Didn't get a laugh out've that BS.

cagivachick1, Dec 1, 6:32am
tacky

wsnownz, Dec 1, 6:44am
The fact that so many people have an opinion about this ad probably means that its doing its job quite well.

mals69, Dec 2, 3:31am
Toyota sales have been flagging for years - the old tried and tested comedy with animals worked. Seem not onto it enough to realise that
folk just have more choice these days with other quality vehicles, nothing to do with humorous adverts featuring animals that were still probably working in the main. So they push the envelope and belittle animals
to try and create controversy to stand out. They started it off with the two
possums that most in here with a brain thought they had lost the plot.

This current advert will only appeal to the likes of W.nkers that feel the need to have a deer head mounted on their lounge wall so they can get a sense of false power - look at me I'm a hero when in reality they are the complete opposite !

mals69, Dec 2, 3:31am
No respect way you talk about animals

mals69, Dec 2, 3:33am
Bloody refreshing to see so many in here not liking it - IMHO good form !
Cheers

mm12345, Dec 2, 3:39am
What rubbish. Wild cats in our native forests should be shot on sight.

2get1, Dec 2, 4:32am
OMG what's all,the fuss about, all had your sense of humour surgically removed ? It's a play on words and the outdoor activities kiwis are know for, not to mention it's all computer animation. I don't really see what all the fuss is about myself. Hilux adds have had a long tradition of being outdoorsy and also pushing the boundaries. God remember the first of the bugger adds. The non sense of humour easily upset people would have had as all thinking we would become sodomites if we found humour in the word bugger. The outrage lol glad to,see Toyota still know how to have a topical add that embraces some of the healthy kiwi past times we are know about. Maybe next year they can have an add of some guy with a sheep backed up against a cliff while he's got the back legs in his gumboots and up to,his nuts in guts lol I'm joking. People are taking it way to serious and are way to easily offended and outraged.

lk104, Dec 2, 5:21am
What sales figures are you looking at?
Latest figures out Toyota's market share for November they have 22.8% of the market, with Holden on 11.4% and Ford 10.8%
They have never been more dominant and will have a record year of sales.
Where are your facts?

gram, Dec 2, 5:28am
Yep. Toyota sure knew where to aim their crassness alright.

tamarillo, Dec 2, 5:46am
What a terrible thought! No wonder so many people drive too fast, they're trying to get away.

lk104, Dec 2, 5:49am
WTF?
And the prize for the stupidest comment of the day goes to. tamarillo

tintop, Dec 2, 5:55am
They used to have ads that were eye catching and humorous.

They have lost the plot.

2get1, Dec 2, 5:58am
I think perhaps they are referring to the advertised model being the Hilux and its well known the ranger toppled them from the number 1 selling ute place they have held for many years.

and no Im not anti Toyota or Hilkux.my last 4 utes have been hiluxs but Ive just sold my last for now and gone ranger. Until the hilux can match it in power and towing capacity I wont be back. Yes the Hilux would be the more capable off road. But a lot of people only need the 4x4 aspect for ski field roads, launching boats and some soft roading / shiney truck off roading. which the ranger is more than capable of doing while giving a superior ride and much more power.