1KZ glow plugs

muzz67, May 24, 4:07am
old girls getting a bit slow to fire unless glowed twice,,
assume needs new plugs.
Any special tricks to remove? Cheers in advance.

tony9, May 24, 4:10am
Could be the glow plugs, but it may also be a combination of cooler temps and battery getting a bit sluggish. I would get a good test done on the battery first, before buying new glow plugs.

newtec1, May 24, 4:33am
What year is it. I have the same engine.

mrsglaucoma11, May 24, 4:50am
Get genuine. I went through aftermarket ones every 30 thou.

intrade, May 24, 4:51am
could be your glow timer relay not staying on long enoug. listen for the click because the das light is not your glow time the relay clicking is when the glowing stops for real.
Our dacia has a glowlight on the dash and it glows lol as if it was a diesel but it is a 1,2 petrol, the glowlights are just visual aids for the guy in the driver seat and not real glow time .

bjmh, May 24, 4:52am
pretty straight forward. if you have access to a compressor. blow the dirt etc away from around the threads. basic swap. I usually put neverseize on the threads and the seat of the new plug.As tony9 said. check out the basics first. rare for 1 kz to need glowplugs . whereas early courier diesels eat them.

tweake, Sep 19, 2:09am
1kz should have glows changed every 100 tho. they have a nasty habit of breaking and the ceramic tip gets bounced around and eventually breaking damaging the piston.

if in doubt replace them.