After some input.

clark20, Oct 5, 5:26am
For that money or a little more try to get a VE, they are so much nicer

seadubya, Oct 5, 5:30am
Engines are fairly bullet proof. I'm not sure about ute specific issues but assuming they are like commodores of the same era, then it will most likely be up to how well it has been maintained. Things like disc rotors, bushes, shocks etc could be wearing out if it hasn't been well maintained, things like aircon, electric seats and windows sometimes have issues too but there are a multitude of factory and after market parts for them that aren't obscenely priced. Someone else might be able to offer more suggestions as to if and where the utes rust etc. Have seen well maintained examples of that engine double and triple that mileage still going strong with good maintenance.

msigg, Oct 5, 6:14am
Yes as above, nothing wrong with those km, will do plenty more without problems, I think depreciation will kill it with another 60k on the clock and a few more years, so you do have to consider these things, but life does go on and if you like it that much then go for it.

donz01, Mar 24, 10:24am
I drive a plain jane VS 3.8 and auto with over 607,000 km on it. It is so reliable that I usually drive it rather than my VZ SV6. As said in post #3 keep it well maintained and it should be good for a lot more kms