2.7 Petrol Hiace Minibus

queenstownmike, Aug 4, 5:01am
I know the Diesel Hiace is the best option, but I see a lot of well specced imports coming in with the petrol motor. Has anybody had experience with these? What are your thoughts, good or bad?

tamarillo, Aug 4, 5:08am
Short runs, below zero temp starts? Petrol is better.

tmenz, Aug 4, 5:23am
Waiting.

johotech, Aug 4, 5:26am
Surely you would be better off with a VW?

msigg, Aug 4, 5:32am
Yip. good cheap van, go well enough, depends what sort of dollars and money to spend.Plenty of options depending on $ .

kazbanz, Aug 4, 7:05am
fantastic vans-Pull like a schoolboy.-ie plenty of power. Thirstier than diesel (go figure)

thejazzpianoma, Aug 4, 8:16am
What sort of km's are you doing and how loaded will the van be? I suggest you do the math on running costs because unless you are doing begger all mileage I don't think it's likely going to make financial sense against a decent modern diesel van (preferably one with sensible maintenance intervals etc).

But don't take my word for it (I am only taking an educated guess) do the math and see.

richardmayes, Aug 5, 5:13am
Bloody horrible!

Noisy, not really enough power to maintain 100km/h on the open road with a load on but still more power and speed than the "handling" can cope with. Thirsty.

I've driven a few of these over the years and for a long time I assumed that the performance these offer is just what you have to expect in a light commercial.

Then I drove a much larger VW CT35, and that drove like a car by comparison.