Trailer WOF/Rego

davidmoore, Jun 9, 7:01pm
do you lose demerits if picked up with none of the above? borrowed plate off another trailer ?

mm12345, Jun 9, 7:40pm
Yes, 15 points, plus another 25 points if picked up with the wrong plates.

davidmoore, Jun 9, 8:41pm
thanks for that mm confirmed what i was thinking, cheers

supernova2, Jun 10, 9:31am
And how pray tell would it be possible to determine that a trailer was wearing a "borrowed" plate?

gunhand, Jun 10, 10:10am
Depending on trailers it could be hard but if say one was an old 1975 home built blue one and it's plate was on what is clearly a newish silver one they might wonder. But yea, not like they have body tags. maybe they should?

lookoutas, Jun 11, 6:52am
My black trailer is registered as yellow, coz it used to be yellow years ago.
The colour can be changed at the time of a fresh rego. But then again - my boat trailer is yellow!

martin11, Jun 13, 4:25am
A lot of commercially made trailers have a serial number from the manufacture somewhere on them and boat trailers normally say boat trailer on the rego papers ,

skiff1, Jun 13, 4:40am
but the serial number is not on the rego, so how would enforcement know?

frostidragon, Jun 13, 6:43pm
Are trailers subject to the new wof rules where as if newer than 2005 you only need them yearly ?

edbabynz, Jun 13, 7:18pm
Isn't that for a motor vehicle? is a trailer classed as one?

LOL Iv'e just got one for my trailer for "Operated a motor vehicle on the road when it was not licensed. by a parking warden.

My trailer wasn't on the road, It was parked 5 metres off the road (council land) on the grass and had been there for 5 hours.

Thinking about fighting it. just for S and G.

edbabynz, Jun 13, 7:36pm
Ah just found the def of the nzta site

DEFINITION:
Trailer
A vehicle without motive power that is constructed for the purpose of being drawn behind a motor vehicle.

So surely no demerits on that one.

edbabynz, Jun 13, 10:36pm
Just got one today. for 21 months!

tweake, Jun 21, 3:07am
sounds like done for the wrong thing.

a lot of councils have bylaw stating you can't have an unlicensed vehicle on council land and i think some may include "public place".