Question re truck

dano821, Feb 22, 9:04am
Hi guys im looking at a 95 Nissan truck that's got dead plates. Whats the cost off re vinning? (new plates) And what happens too ruc as they way out do I have to bring them up to speck? Thanks

supernova2, Feb 22, 10:30am
Unfortunately you will have to pay to bring the RUC up to date so that alone might make it totally not worth doing.

daryl14, Feb 22, 6:43pm
That's horse shit. The lazy ass owner should bring it up to date. Or knock the total cost off his asking price.

tamarillo, Feb 22, 7:06pm
Google it! All Of this on the govt website.

woki, Feb 22, 8:44pm
Some of the older trucks will not meet emission stds so will not be able to be re-reg > Talk to your local compliance centre first before doing anything.
There was a tidy Atlas for sale up taranaki ways a little while ago that falls into this category . Dereg and cant go back on the road !

yellowsubmarine, Feb 23, 10:06am
I have noticed that the hubo's seem to fall off old dereg trucks all the time, which fixed the ruc issue.
I thought emissions only applied to "fresh" imports, plenty of old trucks get revinned?

stacyandbek, Feb 23, 4:01pm
Get an instrument repairer to wind the speedo back.

captaink, Feb 23, 5:36pm
That's totally incorrect, getting the truck re registeried is a straightforward wof/cof type check. Vehicle complies because it has already been registered in NZ. Have put a number of 'old' import trucks back on the road in fact have two to do shortly.

petermcg, May 31, 4:19pm
You can apply for a new hub meter when you Loose that old one.