Hi Ace passenger seat

moby, Mar 4, 9:02am
I have a 2007 HiAce and usually only use it for short hops around town but recently had to do a long journey so had another driver with me. It was only then that I realised how diabolically uncomfortable the passenger seat is. My knees mashed against the glovebox lid, no seat adjustment. I removed the lid but it didn't really help - still agony. Q: Are the later Hiaces any better - or how about the Hyundais ?.

stevo2, Mar 4, 4:55pm
Having owned both the late model Hiace and now a new Hyundai, I can tell you there is no comparison.
The Hiace hasnt changed at all but the Hyundai is almost car like to drive. That is one of the reasons I changed over, because I drive between 60 to 100km commute every day (mostly open road) and Mrs Stevo and I travel to our family bach 85km from home quite a bit. We wanted something that was quicker, safer, more comfortable and more economical than the Hiace and I am very happy with it.
It soaks up bumps well, the seats are comfortable with plenty of legroom, the steering wheel is more of a car like angle, the is minimal wind and road noise and there's no engine noise. Sometimes I've driven a few kms before I realise i'm still in 5th gear

kazbanz, Mar 4, 7:20pm
Um did you say NO seat adjustment?
No back n forward or seatback tilt?
Ive had a few in stock and don't recall ever seeing one with no adjustment

ksam, Mar 4, 7:57pm
Had a Toyota, went to the VW T5 (same situation as stevo2), tractor versus car as far as I can tell, Toyota living in days gone by, where there was no need to make a trade vehicle comfortable, even though we probably spend more time in them than the average car person. Guess what Toyota, your competition 'gets it'.

moby, Mar 4, 8:01pm
I said precisely that. No adjustment whatsoever.
I have owned 3 HiAces and while they are as reliable as all get out, the seat issue and the fact that unladen they have as much traction as a hovercraft suggests that there will not be a fourth.

kazbanz, Mar 4, 9:00pm
fuggldoodle doo--the one time I DON'T have a hiiace here in stock. mine are generally 08 or later-

stevo2, May 17, 2:09am
They have no backwards or forwards adjustment but the seatback does tilt.