Mobile phones V petrol stations.

Page 2 / 2
fiatracer, Jan 27, 12:50am
bingo! fewer distractions, fewer cases of diesel in petrol cars, less wasted time means more customers through in an hour, etc

saxman99, Jan 27, 1:23am
That's nothing to do with the phone or the plane and everything to do with the pilot.

macman26, Jan 27, 1:47am
+1
Not only some women have them surgically attached to their ear.

elect70, Jan 27, 2:35am
^^^^Funny i was on a job while back & plumber was there as well , he took about 4 calls on his cell phone took about half an hour so the woman of the house says I will be deducting 30 minutes labour off your bill for time organising other jobs while suppose to be doing mine . HE was speechless ,& put it on voice mail .

aredwood, Jan 27, 11:04am
Problem is. You can't have it both ways. Bet she would be the first to complain if she happened to be the one making the call and it wasn't answered.

beno, Jan 28, 1:46am
there is no actual switching on a modern phone to cause a spark as the voltage saturates a transistor. therefore no sparking is possible. In order to ignite fuel vapour from a 5v smart phone, extra ordinary circumstances would have to occur. ALL petrol station fires caused by suspected cell phones have been attributed to static charge from the persons clothing.
however as in the above post "my sandpit, my rules" applies. Just take any old car leave the engine running and open the bonnet when it's dark if you want to see sparks.perhaps they should request that you push your old car into the petrol station to avoid potential fire risk.

mrcat1, Jan 28, 9:46am
I do work in fuel installations, you are NOT allowed anywhere apart from the offices with a normal cellphone, if you have to carry one then it needs to be Intrinsically safe, no exceptions.
I also do work on high pressure gas lines, I have been sitting on a 100mm line at 900psi while a welder welds the line together onto the live line and I'm feeding nitrogen into the end of the pipe as the stopping machine seal is leaking while I'm on the phone, just normal for this work.

crankypants69, Jul 18, 8:18pm
. and don't use ya torch!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejb5H4hPczw