Honda Jazz suspension

seaqueen, Feb 10, 5:11am
Does anyone know if the 2014 Honda Jazz can have the suspension altered to make it less bumpy? Car is only a few weeks old, but the cheaper option may be to alter suspension (if possible) rather than looking at selling it and buying another.

brapbrap8, Feb 10, 5:39am
Begs the question, did you test drive before you bought?
Is it just a basic Jazz, or a sports model?

poppajn, Feb 10, 7:13am
Shoud'nt you ask the agent you bought it off this?

pettal, Feb 10, 8:17am
check your tyre pressures for a start .

tlng, Feb 10, 8:51am
Go for 28psi all round and see how it rides.

dublo, Feb 10, 9:08am
Has it been fitted with larger diameter wheels and lower profile tyres than standard?

seaqueen, Feb 10, 7:08pm
It was bought by my elderly parents. Thanks for your replies. I don't know the answer to your questions. I will get Dad to ring the Honda Dealer today.

serf407, Feb 10, 7:25pm
A new car takes a while to bed in. The new suspension, anti-roll bars etc are likely to feel very hard compared to an older car that slops around on worn suspension.

The tyres might have a pressure over 30psi for the electronic stability, abs etc to be in the 'working pressure range'. The door sticker will have the tyre information.

A thin shock absorbing cushion on the seat. http://www.meddirect.co.nz/View.aspx?CategoryId=1227
Just make sure you are in the airbag zone still.
Short regular trips and someone younger to take the car for longer drives would soon bed parts in.

seaqueen, Feb 10, 7:43pm
Serf, you're a gem. Thanks for the tips. Will pass on to Dad.

seaqueen, Feb 10, 7:44pm
Thank you :-)

seaqueen, Feb 10, 7:51pm
Okay, checked with Dad, apparently Honda say that you need a 1.3 rather than a 1.5 if you want softer suspension. The tyres are set at 30psi, I suggested they go to 28 and see how it goes.

However Mum doesn't like the seats as she can't get in and out easily (she needs knee replacement surgery) and Dad gets confused by the electronics. Bless.

I just don't want to see them ripped off when they go to trade it in. It's less than two months old.

dublo, Feb 10, 9:06pm
Let us know how they get on - they may be able to get a reasonably good deal trading it for a 1.3.

supernova2, Feb 10, 9:15pm
Wonder how you would get on under the CGA. Bit of a long shot but perhaps it could be argued that the car is "Not fit for purpose". IMHO Honda should be onto the requirements of older owners and the need to be able to get in and out of a vehicle, ride comfort and so on.
Wonder how much dealer upsold to sell them the 1.5?

scuba, Feb 10, 9:21pm
bollacks

scuba, Feb 10, 9:32pm

The car is fit for the purpose- the buyers are not a good fit for the car.
These issues should have been bought up by your parents when road testing before sale especially your mums knee.
Salesman was probably too busy looking at the sale commission to ask or hear the right questions .

scuba, Feb 10, 9:34pm
Dealer will win both ways so parents will get an expensive lesson- and mum still wont be able to get in or out comfortably.

supernova2, Feb 10, 9:44pm
And that is where the CGA come into play. If the salesperson was told about the requirements and then ignored that info and sold them something the car is NOT fit for purpose under the act.
Might be wrong but wouldn't most new Honda Jazz be sold to the elderly?

seaqueen, Feb 10, 10:05pm
I think it's fine, the car would suit me down to the ground, but for Mum and Dad it's just not the right car. They hang on to their cars for 50 years (exaggeration but you get my drift) and so it's a bit of a new thing for them, buying something else.

It's all good, I'm giving them advice as best I can and will make sure they don't lose out too much. I don't think Mum actually got in it - Dad just went out and brought it home as a surprise. Hmmm. Anyway thanks!

youngones2, Feb 11, 4:26am
what colour is it as we thinking about the 1.5lt one in auto?

seaqueen, Jun 24, 6:48am
All sorted everyone, they are going to be getting a Honda Jazz automatic (new model) which apparently is less bumpy and Mum can get in and out of okay. The whole thing is costing them an extra $3200 which isn't TOO bad.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.