Vw trikes

ironhorseguy, Nov 12, 11:39pm
W.T.F, 1990 vw trike ,all legal , twin port `1600 motor , fitted with a 80s Honda front end with a 150mm dia front drum brake ! have up graded to a disc ,was goin to get mods certed but would have to go thru the whole cert process again ,fiik what a rort , jus lining the lvvta pockets , did it once will never do it again ! , mind they will give me a warrant if I return it to the pussy drum brake ! rant over , your thoughts !

martin11, Nov 12, 11:47pm
If its all legal why change it ?

tamarillo, Nov 13, 1:02am
It's a good question as to why bother? I'm thinking it has got engine perched out the back and that where all its weight and tyre width is, so won't it be doing the huge majority of its braking at back?
Must admit those things scare me shitless, they're just so damn wrong! So good on you for riding it. It's good to be different.

cheif42, Nov 13, 1:38am
hitlers revenge !

bill-robinson, Nov 13, 1:57am
even he put 4 wheels on his wagon

ironhorseguy, Nov 13, 2:03am
the points being it is it is money grab, and a hydraulic disc is a vast improvement on a 150mm brake , those who ride em will know what I mean , u can never have enough stopping power ,

cheif42, Nov 13, 2:09am
i know exactly what you mean, all that weight behind you, front end "pig jumping", when all you are trying to do is stop ! hahaha
i owned, rode and built vw trikes.

tamarillo, Nov 13, 4:59am
And have you seen the error of your ways big chief?

(No offence to op, whatever you ride is better than driving)

cheif42, Nov 13, 5:28am
much prefer the 2 wheels. lol. dont have to make adjustments every few miles hahaha

marte, Nov 14, 2:26pm
Would a Alfa romeo 1300 be suitable for a trike?

I am intending to turn it into a buggy, but.

mrcat1, Nov 14, 7:36pm
So what's this going to do to your panties?
https://youtu.be/oeNLMN_RqSI

desmodave, Nov 14, 8:22pm
Nice vid . Top build & sure looks like fun . Wouldn't want to have to clean it .

mrcat1, Oct 18, 10:04am
Not quite sure about hanging onto it at 200mph though.