Grooming question.

stevo2, Aug 17, 7:01am
What do you all use to keep the plastic bits and bumpers looking good?
I've been using tyre shine (silicon). Is there anything better?
Also the silver plastic under the doors of Mrs Stevo's Suzuki in the photo.
Two out of three cars washed and waxed today and by the time I put them in the garage, they were covered in yellow pollen.
Do you guys all get heaps of pollen this time of the year?
Photo https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/404273378.jpg

seadubya, Aug 17, 7:07am
I just use armourall. Yes loads of pollen at the moment, and the bees are starting to wake up so plenty of yellow bee poop too.

grangies, Aug 17, 8:15am
Turtle Wax Ice synthetic liquid polish.

But anyway, who cares about stupid disposable cars, when we can drool over your magnificent house !

Man, that's a cool looking home you've got there!

Is that house one of your builds stevo2?

clark20, Aug 17, 8:24am
I agree, was about to comment the same, nice place!

stevo2, Aug 17, 8:37am
Thanx guys, yes thats my place. I built it (pretty much alone) about 9 or 10 years ago.
Dont think I'd ever build another one by myself. Especially 3 storey.
So you use the ICE polish directly over the unpainted black bumpers etc?
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/404293341.jpg

grangies, Aug 17, 9:07am
Yep . But it must be the ICE "liquid" polish, and not the paste.

Wipe it on everywhere except glass windows. Then 15-30 minutes later use a clean microfibre cloth to buff of all the residue from the paint, and watch it SHINE.

For the unpainted bumpers and trims, just leave it on to soak in while you're buffing the paint , and give then it another coat to let it really soak in to the bare plastics. It brings them up awesome.

I have found, that if you give the car's paint work 2 initial coats of the ICE within a day or two, then once every 6 weeks or so. All you need to clean it, is straight water from the hose and a soft sponge if necessary on the stubborn bits.

All the dust and dirt will just rinse off. Even heavy rainfall washes the car nicely

kazbanz, Aug 17, 8:39pm
with the pollen being so bad this time of year Ive given up on trying the make the shinies look shiney.
Im washing the cars down so often to get the pollen off that its a waste of time. -which looks likemonths/years old mould.

stevo2, Sep 29, 4:23pm
Thanks grangies. i will get some Ice and try it out. I am happy to spend the time to keep my motors looking nice, guess you could say Im a bit fussy.
Cheers Stevo