Nissan Wingroad

wildwest3, Dec 21, 2:31am
Any good? I'm looking at a 2000 for my daughter, it has a faulty CPI which I can't see being difficult to replace?

intrade, Dec 21, 4:10am
what is a cpi i know of cps also how would they know exactl this cpi is faulty.
have the morons plugged in a scantool and that showd up this as malfunction item?
or what how exactly.
it dont works like this codes are not parts to replace codes are symproms to give a guide to a trained technition what route of testing he would first take, to find a fault- proof a fault repair a fault clear a code and then re-test if all is well.

tamarillo, Dec 21, 4:31am
Something to do with throttle body?
Wing roads are cheap for a reason, made cheap.

kazbanz, Dec 21, 4:35am
If that's all that's wrong why has the owner not bothered to fix it.

mm12345, Dec 21, 9:48am
Because he's been running around all the mechanics in the area asking for a best price to replace the "CPI" on his Wingroad and has been getting some very strange responses.

rlr29, Dec 21, 12:10pm
That's gotta be 'TPI' surely.

franc123, Dec 21, 12:30pm
Its probably got a stretched timing chain and throwing cam angle sensor codes, being an old Nissan, they may have been told the sensor is crook, which is possible of course but more likely the chain. Standard procedure is of course to put the vehicle up for sale at this point, and perhaps mention that having a chain is a big asset compared to those nasty belts. Cam Angle Sensor is being incorrectly referred to as Cam Position Indicator perhaps?

ozz1, May 17, 5:08pm
THIS^^^^^