Nissan Terrano D21 TD27 turbo temperature

mbikeman1, Jan 7, 6:02am
Hi all just wanting to know what the temp guage sits on on your terrano if you have one?Have changed the thermostat and trying to find what it should be sitting round

monaro17, Jan 7, 9:50am
Oh god um it's been about 15yrs since I owned my one of those (and a nice wee truck it was too) but I would hazard an informed guess of about half way or just under

mbikeman1, Jan 7, 10:10am
That's what its sitting on now just bellow half and on half when under load going up a long hill.I had it get upto 3/4 while away over the holidays and pulled over right away let it cool down and drove it home with no probs.Ive had the radiator cleaned out and fitted a new thermostat but now it sits higher than it used to(was about 1/4mark before hand).

franc123, Jan 7, 10:19am
That's probably because the thermostat is now letting it warm up properly. If its not keeping on top of the temperature when under load (best measured by a infrared thermometer aimed at the top radiator tank), water pump and visco fan unit is the next part to be suspicious of, its all one unit and its pretty common for the fan to not be locking in properly on those.

mbikeman1, Jan 7, 10:25am
ive had it a year and its the first time its been near half before.When I got it it looked like it had a new pump fitted.I have recently fitted bigger tyres to it so that would have put more load on the donk.Will get myself a infrared thermometer and try it

onone, Jan 7, 10:30am
My dad has one. Sits at 1/4 with regular driving. Goes up to 3/4 on long hills.

mbikeman1, Jan 7, 10:33am
exactly what mine did,Just doesn't seem right

snoopy221, Jan 7, 11:20am
Sits at 1/4 with regular driving. Goes up to 3/4 on long hills.

onone (319 319 positive feedback) 11:30 pm, Thu 7 Jan #7

water pump and visco fan unit is the next part to be suspicious of, its all one unit and its pretty common for the fan to not be locking in properly on those.

franc123 (327 327 positive feedback) 11:19 pm, Thu 7 Jan #5

And if ya pullin a few tonne up hil ya'll hear it **hummin** around that 3/4 as the fan tries ta work and lock in

franc123, Jan 7, 11:27am
Also make sure there's no crap stuck either in or behind the condenser blocking the airflow through to radiator.

shakespeare6, Jan 8, 2:58am
Been a few years but mine was the same. What I ended up doing as I did a lot of traveling was a added a couple slim electric fans which seemed to keep it down. I think lack of air flow is the issue with them. This was resolved after fitting a new viscous unit ( complete with new pump) I was able to remove the electric fans and it never really got above half

andy61, Jan 8, 4:57am
Sounds like my Terrano,I replaced the thermostat and now sits at just over half way all the time including when towing. Used to go up to just over half way when towing a loaded trailer.

mals69, Mar 7, 12:36am
Yep mine the same