Toyota Gaia how do I open the back (hatch)?

sharee9, Jun 11, 1:05am
How do you open the back (hatch) without using the remote entry if it is locked? My remote is broken I can open the doors from inside but not the hatch. There is no key entry -that I can see.

Anyone?
TIA

kazbanz, Jun 11, 2:36am
Look next to the fuel cap release.

sharee9, Jun 11, 5:58am
Nah nothing there. :-(

lookoutas, Jun 11, 6:42am
Have a search on here - there might be some replacement remotes. You never know.

I helped my wife do some baking a few weeks back. More like "stuck my nose in." Until I stuffed the drive-dog on the Magic Bullet. Had a lookie on here, and found that replacement drive-dogs are available. So bought two - one for the next time I'm a great help.

intrade, Jun 11, 6:44am
look in the manual? i would guess it could be unlocked with a toyota software bidirectional scantool my android phone might be able to unlock it.

kazbanz, Jun 11, 6:52am
hang on gaia--isn't rear door on the same CL loop as the other doors? so lift handle and open

skin1235, Jun 11, 8:00am
wee story time ya reckon
my mum decided a Honda CRV was just the bees knees, had to have one
as normal for her she gets whats she wants
about 6 months later she was up here yet again, she wanted to open the rear hatch, I see her walk to the drivers door, remove the keys and come around the back and use the key to unlock the door, putt he key back on the seat
20 minutes later she repeated it
I asked her why she didn't use the button inside, was it broken

she claimed it didn't have one

under the drivers door hand pull theres a wee button all on its own, cant see it too easily due to it being under the hand pull and angled towards the floor

she was not amused

I cannot believe a toyo does not have a release other than the remote or a key - there will be an electronic push button somewhere, may even be in the glovebox

kazbanz, Jun 11, 8:57pm
Skin--mate Happy to be proven wrong but every Gaia Ive sold doesn't have a separate lock to the rest of the doors. Unlock 1 unlock em all.
Rephrase that -when you unlock drivers door ALL the locks should unlock.
Id try the CL button inside the drivers door once you have established you don't just lift the handle.

skin1235, Jun 12, 9:42am
perhaps I worded it wrong, the button unlocks the door ( only the back door) so you can then use the handle on the back door, she lost the remote within day of buying the vehicle

re-reading the first post it would appear the handle is no longer connected to the mechanism - time to pull the card and check the wire controller from the handle down

kazbanz, Jun 12, 8:35pm
Skin--Im hearing ya but the gaia doesn't work like that. all 5 doors are on the central locking circuit. all 5 doors unlock the same way. so if hatch isn't unlocking then yep I agree 100% with ---re-reading the first post it would appear the handle is no longer connected to the mechanism - time to pull the card and check the wire controller from the handle down

mottly, Jun 24, 10:20am
Mums one, just hit the unlock central button on the drivers door, then go round n lift the handle