kevlight, Feb 25, 4:56pm
DOLMAR CHAIN SAWS X 2
Closed:
Thu 22 Jan 10:24 pm
Reference #:
P117945072
Listing #:
My sale of chainsaws is turning to custard
. we have a buyer remorse situation developing.
from my side of the fence ,i sold two Dolmar chain saws to a buyer
. one was in good going order although tricky to start it had limited use ;the other the same but an year older ,i was given for parts;but i got it going; too good to part out;
. i sold both saws for $175 too cheap i was hoping for $350
now they are complaining ,saying the saws do not
. Quote "met expectations,,or match the description details of the sale"
what do you do with such a buyer ?
. they have involved TM first, with out first contacting me.
"saying goods do not match description"
. i have all my emails and their emails, but its beginning to wear me down,
How do you go about satisfying a vexatious complainant ?
. I have b/listed them as i feel threatened by the tone of the emails.
the sale went pear shaped over no /slow payment /yes its in your a/c/ no it isnt/ oh yes it is/i have paid/ oh must be your bank/ oh but i paid by credit card/no you havent/oh ipaid by internet/nopayment in my ac/ oh but i rang the bank and they assure me payment made/no payment in my a/c)finally i spat the dummy and demanded immediate payment(they already had the chainsaws) my partner handed them over on assurance they had paid days ago).
. told you it was a saga
,,any way they complained to TM that "goods do not match description"
TM contacted me and asked me to sort it out;
. ive tried but there seems to be a mental block ,from my point of view they got a bloody good deal ,two chainsaws , my good going order, in use ,when sold, the other started and cleaned oiled .ready for next season. . My mate hasn't got a fire now ,so he gave me his Mac saw ,which suits me better ,as the Dolmars were to big too heavy for my limited use now,and my arthritis.
,,,,they got two good saws ,one advertized as parts but going, one i used around the house trimming trees and for firewood now an again.
,,,i put them up for sale cos i didnt use them often enough, and i have limited space in my shed ,especially with my mates , Mac chain saw, being lighter/smaller for me to use.
. they have put the chain saws in their chain saw shop and are asking me to pay some of the bill .
. where do stand on this ? what would you do ? how do i stop them badgering me. HELP thanks

curlcrown, Feb 25, 5:03pm
They don't want them any more, you think you sold them to cheap. Get them to return them for a refund and sell them for more.

mrcat1, Feb 25, 5:25pm
Firstly you or your partner should of never handed them over till YOU knew for sure the money was in YOUR account as CLEARED funds, meaning they couldn't stop a cheque and you would end up out of pocket, to me they look and are as you described them, Have they now paid or not? If they haven't I would ask for the saws to be returned or go and pick them up.

timbo69, Feb 25, 5:33pm
Thats a tough read, as is you listing or perhaps im dyslexic?

I'd recommend the same as above, give their money back a take your saws back - neither of you are happy with trade.

desmodave, Feb 25, 5:42pm
Sorry Kev but i think you got good coin for them ,they are only ps 400's that are no spring chickens and 1 has a buggerd clutch cover.

serf407, Feb 25, 6:07pm
I cannot determine from what you have written whether you have been paid for the dolmar chainsaws or not.
A good example of why some old stuff might be mashed with a digger and thrown in a rubbish bin rather than having pickers complain about paying too much for used goods. or
Just drop them into the saw shop for parts.

kecal, Feb 25, 6:19pm
Get your saws back , refund all money, you dont need all the hassle and some people will make your life a misery just to be a pr--k. as has been seen on here before. get rid of them pronto . for a 175 buks it aint worth it.

intrade, Feb 25, 7:45pm
probably why i dont sell secoundhand goods . on here. i had to deal with arrogant people even on new items that cant actuarly brake like face plates for nokia that i used to sell but only 1 guy out of all he never returned the goods after i refunded him and would not give them back when i sent a client to his house to pick it up from him as it was clearly of no use since he claimed it dont fit the phone. it was a gift to somone else so i guess it was all bullox and he just wanted stuff for free. the feedback from that guy is now gone tradme had advised we both remove it as they are neutral and cant take sides gee thats a long time ago but just a true story for you.

intrade, Feb 25, 7:49pm
regards to these saws if you can start start em with some tricks.
just imagin a moron who probably cant even start a brand new one they would have no hope. items like this i would sell at local auction they take a huge cut but they dont hand out who owned the items unless cops visit them so your shielded from that crap , loads less profit for you but no hassle afterwards.

pico42, Feb 25, 8:03pm
Questions:
1) Have you been paid?
2) Were the chainsaws as described? What aspect of them is the buyer saying is not as described?

So far, what I would do is tell them to piss off, that the saws were as described and if they want to take it further, lodge an application with the disputes tribunal. I would probably send them a link just to make the point.

I would not agree to any servicing/repair costs they may have elected to incur.

If they were not as described, I would consider a refund in return for getting the saws back, but still no payment for the repair/service costs.

skin1235, Feb 25, 8:16pm
have you been paid,- but I gather the saws are now in the shop being repaired - they now belong to the buyer and any bill is his

if you have been paid it is not your problem, ignore them, and any demand for any part payment of any bill incurred in their name

if you haven't been paid - pick them up from the shop - but this will mean you now have possession of 2 saws in better condition than when you sold them - the shop deserves to be paid for their work, onsell them again to recover those costs

scuba, Feb 25, 9:03pm
Sounds to me like you are very unlikely to see the chainsaws or the money-people who lie about paying are also likely to be lying about putting them in for repairs.
however if they have paid i would consider giving the money back and reselling depending on what costs involved in repair shop. and making sure i was on hand for live demonstration for any future buyer.

bitsy_boffin, Feb 25, 9:26pm
"Dear [whatever], I am of the opinion that the items were correctly described.

Therefore i will not be able to accept a return or provide a refund for these items unless so ordered by a ruling in a disputes tribunal hearing."

Ball in their court, if they want a hearing, they get to pay for it, worst case you lose the hearing and refund them. They can not claim the hearing fee, ensure they don't try to.

gmphil, Feb 25, 9:37pm
if the good weren't up to expectation they should not have left the property with them.
in leaving with them that states there were happy so to me this is a scam to get u pay for service !
email state funds to be payed within 24 hours or police will be notified cc to trade me

jason18, Feb 25, 9:42pm
Haha police won't give a toss about this. Its a civil matter. I would say tuff sheeett and offer them refund for saws if returned how they were. Don't be pressured into paying for something they may have caused. Probably ran the saws without oil in the petrol.

daryl14, Feb 26, 12:52am
Ha ha idiot traders can make you wish you'd just thrown your second hand goods in the tip. An idiot I dealt with wanted a partial refund on a set of four good wheels and tires that I sold him for the grand total of $80.00.

Will these people never be happy until nobody ever dares to sell anything second hand ever again?

spirogryo, Feb 26, 2:00am
Trade me rules are quite clear and legally binding.The saws are now theirs and they must pay.Further.you have no contract with any servicing shop.
It is only turning to custard because you are letting it.

daryl14, Feb 26, 2:20am
Legally binding my arse. But the rest of your post is correct.

elect70, Feb 26, 2:35am
Youve been conned Tm should have sorted them out for not paying , they will be sending you the bill for fixing them up next ,typical TM they do bugger all once they have their fees . Demand return of saws or full payment , next step is a visit with a few bros .

msigg, Feb 26, 5:51am
Mate I think they are only worth $100 max. Good going condition?. who knows now but sounds like the pull start is stuffed if it keeps pulling out?. Give half money back or give all money back and take the chain saws back(if you really think they are worth more? ). otherwise suck it up and get a bad rep from trademe and others looking at your feedback.

kevlight, Feb 26, 9:52am
Thanks for the suggestions, yeah ive been sick /crook for a while and did not really need this crap.
. they did pay ,after delay and delay,days after my partner released the saws to them, on their assurance payment had been made .
. will take advice on board ,thank to all the above posters for wisdom and clarity,its often too hard to see a solution when your standing it.
. funny enough it was the previous client of the chainsaw shop ,where they took them ,that i bought the first one from,so The Chainsaw Shop sticker, was still on the saw confirming service.
. thanks again regards

skin1235, Feb 26, 10:00am
so you've been paid the auction price, arguing if that was a good or not price is pointless, lol we all have our own opinions of a good deal - for buyers or sellers, commenting about how fast or slow doesn't alter the fact that finally you did get the due amount
currently they are wanting you to pay the cost of repair or part of that cost
tell them to take a running jump, they bought them and were happy to take them at that price in that condition

blacklist them if you wish - block them from your email too if they persist in contacting you via that

did trademe suggest you should pay them for the repairs?

kevlight, Feb 28, 9:26am
Thanks skin1235
Its refreshing to get an honest appraisal.
. Trade Me passed on the concerns of the Buyer and suggested we sort it out our selves ,i may have refunded the purchase price if they had contacted me and explained what problems they were having ,i offered the following info in my original email to them.
. will post the initial contact to them next .

kevlight, Feb 28, 9:30am
On 26/01/2015 10:07 p.m., kev wrote:
> Okay thaNKS FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY
> . make sure you put two stroke oil in the petrol ,i use castrol air cooled 2 stroke oil from warehouse ,ratio of oil to 5litres is 40 to 1 . its on the oil packet the instruction of mix;
> . don,t use any old oil ,in the fuel ,it will stuff them !. here is some Dolmar guff starts at page 16 or 17 the info
> http://download.dolmar.com/manuals/18750.pdf
>
> . ,similar saw to yours, there may be manual on the internet , for the specific saw you have now.
>
> . my partner now tells me one of the saws, the one with the cover open to the elements ,has a leak in the chain bar oil holder tank, it never worried me, but just be aware when transporting the saw in your car, to put them in a tub or fish crate or similar ,dont want smell old waste bar oil through every thing !
>
> . make sure you empty the saws of fuel before putting away to store after use ,these Dolmar saws like fresh fuel ,not old stale stuff thats been hanging around the shed for months.
> . thats it, Cheers for now ,happy fire wood chopping , be safe and hope the rain comes soon .
>
> I have always tilted the saw up towards me to help wet the carb and assist the prime, on switch on , choke on ,six squeese of the prime button ,full choke ,pull pull pull ; then i/2 choke and full throttle pull pull ; then swear word,,,, then no choke and full throttle and generally away it goes. as soon as it hick-ups coughs ,off choke
>
> any problems drop me a email , kind regards Kev

kevlight, Feb 28, 9:33am
I will take on board the advice offered here, and am just going to ignore them.