Wow, this car is stuffed

Page 1 / 2
differentthings, Jun 8, 1:09am
I can't even tell what type is was.Looks like it was in a 50k area as well.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/69166078/one-dead-in-crash-in-wainuiomata-wellington

attitudedesignz, Jun 8, 1:19am
Skyline.

attitudedesignz, Jun 8, 1:24am
R33 coupe

grangies, Jun 8, 1:26am
Yeah, looks like an R33 Skyline. Due to the swage line besides the rear wheel arch. Yikes.

flossy64, Jun 8, 2:00am
I was trying to work out the same, my brother thought maybe a Beemer, I thought a Skyline tho. Definitely a 50k area. Quite amused the article stated that the police didnt know if speed was a factor. Not to many factors cause a car to break in half.

mrfxit, Jun 8, 3:00am
Not busted, squashed, seems to be intact just shorter which would be about right for a sudden stop.
2 door coupe/ fastback style.
Full width & height back bumper + sunroof

peja, Jun 8, 3:08am
Sure that's a two door - I see a rear door handle. Those mags arent usual equipment for a Skyline, I was thinking one of the big Mitsubishi's like a Diamante or similar with the V6. It's so seriously munted that it really is anyone's guess.

As for the accident, I'd guess that the driver was texting, not looking and hit the bridge at 50-60kmh before they even realised and started braking. Again, though, anyone's guess, but it is interesting that speed is not mentioned in the article

differentthings, Jun 8, 3:19am
^^^ some how I don't think he was doing 60k

flossy64, Jun 8, 3:50am
I read on a locals Facebook that the engine was separated from the car and in the creek that the bridge crossed.

attitudedesignz, Jun 8, 4:07am
No rear door handle and yes it's a coupe.

99.99999% sure Skyline

Save pic and tip pic' upside down, then google image search R33 skyline coupe and you'll see identical swage lines on rear guard and bumper.

peja, Jun 8, 4:19am
Yes, see what you mean, and the roofline (or what's left of it) is about right too. What I saw as a rear door handle could be a crease or piece of debris. Or something.

grangies, Jun 8, 4:20am
Mitsi bumpers wrap right around the rear end, up to the rear wheels.

ozz1, Jun 8, 4:56am
unsure if speed was a factor? . yeah. right. another tui. more than 50/60km also.? slow down. this is what happens when you are an idiot.

vtecintegra, Jun 8, 5:15am
The mid-late 90s Galant didn't.

I agree that looks like an R33 coupe thought.

attitudedesignz, Jun 8, 5:20am
Sad when us painters recognise a car by its bumpers ain't it.

lookoutas, Jun 8, 5:35am
A Nissan should have a fuel filler in the RH guard. And the swage is wrong.

lookoutas, Jun 8, 6:11am
But there is something on the crumpled rear 1/4 that could be a flap, it falls to bits with a zoom. And maybe the light on the swage makes it look different.

redhead96, Jun 8, 7:22am
That would explain the locals not having any water when they woke.

purple666, Jun 8, 8:10am
Of course he was speeding, wouldn't have had an accident if he wasn't. Doesn't anyone every listen to what the police/media say.

grangies, Jun 8, 8:21am
To me it looks like an R33 Skyline. A Plain Jane model without a body kit. http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/carimages/nissan/skyline14/1.jpg

The wreck on the news has the petrol flap in the same position.

mrfxit, Jun 8, 8:27am
Media is being pretty tight lipped.
Same report across them all

motorboy2011, Jun 8, 10:25am
I vote r33. If it was a fwd Diamante it wouldn't have ended up on its roof anyway.

mugenb20b, Jun 8, 5:52pm
R33 or R32?

fordcrzy, Jun 8, 8:26pm
R33

mrfxit, Jun 8, 9:35pm
Google the road area & it looks like he tried to turn right through a "T" intersection at an excessive speed & got the bridge instead.
By "excessive Speed" I mean for doing a right angle turn through the "T".
Probably 60k + + for the understeer, would be a minimum for that amount of damage.
Thinking more like 80k+