What's the right Petrol for 2005 Nissan Cube

jason28nz, Oct 2, 8:50am
Hi got my Cube services to day and the mechanic still I still be running 95 not 91 as all cars over year 2000 still be on 95 is this right or should it be 98
Thanks

franc123, Oct 2, 8:55am
You can try 91 but if you feel you get a bit smoother running and/or slightly better economy on 95 then keep using it.

jason28nz, Oct 2, 9:02am
I'm on 91 but told to go on 95

franc123, Oct 2, 9:14am
Try 95 then. You first post suggested you were already using it from what I could make out if it.

tamarillo, Oct 3, 12:19am
Ouch, back to school methinks.

intrade, Oct 3, 12:53am
na 95 is ok all developed nations only have 95 octane only 3th world country like nz still have 91
the 98 or higher is for performence cars and gasoline direct injection engines like fsi vw gdi mitsubishi or sidi holden and there like , plus for turbo high output petrol cars

tamarillo, Oct 3, 2:35am
Your definition of a developed nation is odd then, seems good old USA (and many others) is third world now!

gammelvind, Oct 3, 7:04am
Intrade! You seem particularly anti-just-about-everything these days, aren't you well or just really stressed? I certainly accept the language difficulties but why so angry, I'm sure we would love to hear more of your usually useful input if we knew why you are so upset about life out here away from your homeland.

intrade, Oct 3, 7:34am
no the truth is just not to positive. I was surprised to hear john key actuarly say what he did on the un council did not expect this! was thinking he be crawling up the ass of the usa again. haha
the usa is the dumbest most arrogant nation on this planet.

morrisman1, Oct 3, 7:57am
most arrogant. probably. Dumbest? you don't become the largest economy in the world from being dumb. What's your home country again and explain how it is superior to the USA please.

bryshaw, Oct 3, 8:30am
Is it true some Honda motors burn valves when run on 95 exclusively instead of the recommended 91?.

howie69, Oct 3, 8:47am
USA lives on borrowed money. If China called in all the loans and cashed up all the companies owned the US would be bankrupt. They are poor money managers as a nation. Look at the debt level the government has.

most arrogant. probably. Dumbest? you don't become the largest economy in the world from being dumb. What's your home country again and explain how it is superior to the USA please.[/quote]

nesta129, Oct 3, 10:36am
[/quote]

And if the Saudis pulled all that money outta the US,most of the businesses around Time Square will shut shop.

socram, Mar 28, 1:29am
Having spent the last 4 years visiting many countries around the globe, there is a great long list I'd rather not live in - and the US isn't on it.

As for the initial query, my first reaction was sarcastic, but many NZ cars seem to run well enough on 91 and I resent having to pay so much extra per litre for 98 for older cars that need it. Years ago, we got 101 Shell (5 star) at the pumps for a couple of pence a gallon more than Shell 99, so I think that maybe we are being ripped off these days for everything above 91.