Presage vs Van with seats vs ? what to look at

master-trader, Jul 6, 4:07am
We had been looking a vehicles and were looking along the lines of something that had enough seats to have cart people around with, but at he same time enough space to move things around. For example one day may be taking 3 or so people somewhere and the next day it may be shifting a bed or sets of drawers and wardrobes etc.

The Presage seemed unusually cheap which made me question it ? getting a van and putting seats in seems an expensive exercise.

I had thought about a D5 Delica, but have never had a good experience with a Mitsubishi vehicle.

wrenn, Jul 11, 10:27am
Presage seats down probably wouldn't suit - can't go completely flat like a wagon.

Cheers
Andy

thejazzpianoma, Jul 12, 9:10am
The solution is don't buy Japanese. The likes of Mercedes, Fiat, VW etc have models with properly flat floors and clip out seats. You also then get far more economical engines and usually safer crash ratings too. The European vans tend to be wider for better load space and handling too.

Reliability can be supurb too (depending on what you choose) The likes of the Mercedes Viano is the properly hardy commercial Vito underneath and built to do well over a million km's without major issue.

Also, the Pressage, especially early ones are horrible vehicles. The 2.5 has a serious design flaw, which saw some examples have the engine replaced multiple times under warranty. They don't drive nicely and are thirsty horrible vehicles to live with.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 17, 10:00am
BTW, post your budget and I can narrow down some options if you are keen.