P/plates

paulybboy, Jun 13, 8:06am
any one ever made money on reselling a p/plate
I brought 4 plates at beach hop over ten years ago for 1200 bucks
wouldn't wana pay what they asking now for one

cagivachick1, Jun 13, 8:19am
i see a pp i see someone with to much money and a "look at me" attitude

franc123, Jun 13, 8:27am
If you get your purchase price back consider yourself lucky.

fordcrzy, Jun 13, 8:38am
I got that deal too. 4 plates for 1200. jeez theyd cost what 3600 now

purple666, Jun 13, 8:40am
It was ok when they were cheap as chips but the prices have been rocketing up over the years.

Can anyone remember what they were worth when they first came out?

unideck, Jun 13, 8:43am
I have 4x, all work related though :) given one set away to a dear friend and only sold one (made about $200) probably lucky on that one haha

stevo2, Jun 13, 8:47am
I paid $300 for mine for my work van many years ago at Whitianga Beach. I think it was just before GST came in? and the price was going up to $330 gst incl. Mrs Stevo got hers a year later.

brapbrap8, Jun 13, 10:26am
I know a person who bought the plate SKYCAR as an investment as they thought flying cars would soon be a reality. They have owned it for a good 15 years now, and decided they may as well use it as it likely isn't worth much to sell. Put it on their Mitsubishi Colt.

paulybboy, Jun 13, 7:53pm
cant even get 500 bucks for p/plate DRIFTM
i did have one plate stolen off a car about 8 years ago,
so thought it would be a good seller

whqqsh, Jun 13, 7:59pm
Ive bought a few when they've come up cheap, thought they'd be easy to pass on & resold, never lost but at times haven't made much either, a couple I've done pretty good with though. Ive got my 2 plates, one is my nickname & the other is for the Jailbar (if it ever hits the road) unmanufactured & suits it well

tub4, Jun 14, 12:07am
I would've thought that would be a very sort after plate.

gman35, Jun 14, 12:17am
Yep, and especially the ones where a "4" is used as an "A", (i.e. A4RRON) etc as the proper word was already taken, just trying a bit too hard it looks !

djrandomguy, Jun 19, 6:24pm
I have AVENGR for my Hillman Avenger GT - bought 15 years ago when the price was super low.