Let's talk dashcams

henderson_guy, Nov 1, 3:37am
What are you good folk using? Looking for good quality video, good battery life as I don't want it plugged in all the time, and a reasonable recording time before looping, although obviously this will depend on the SD card as well. There's a lot out there, but I'll wager that a lot of it is crap as well

tweake, Nov 1, 4:03am
how are you going to be using it?
on a bike, car ? or portable?

cars ones don't need batteries as they are fixed and can be wired in permanently. you don't want to go setting it up every time you drive.

henderson_guy, Nov 1, 4:08am
In a car, but needs to be removable so don't want to go down the hardwired route as it may potentially be used in several vehicles.

wind.turbine, Nov 1, 4:43am
I use a uinden iGo Cam 750 that records in full 1080P so really clear.
needs to be plugged in as I don't think the battery is too great but I leave mine plugged in as that is what starts and stops the recording so once installed you don't have to touch it.

Also has amazing sound recording too lol. picks up conversations real clear but playback on the unit its self is not to flash but its great once connected to a computer of tv which it has an HDMI output so can be plugged in directly to a tv

tweake, Nov 1, 5:35am
you will need one with a screen then. trying to line them up without seeing the footage is difficult. also one that you can buy separate mounts.
also could mark the mounts and camera so you only have to line the marks up when fitting.

fordcrzy, Nov 1, 5:44am
go on youtube and search "techmoan" he does reviews of dashcams and he has a website that answers all your questions.

henderson_guy, Nov 1, 7:11am
Cheers guys, some good tips and leads there

bryshaw, Dec 6, 10:03am
Repco or JayCar have reasonably priced and reliable ones. Warehouse had half price class 10 micro SD cards this week.