2004 mazda demio problem

portchester, Jul 31, 10:02am
my light has come on it is orange colour , not on speedometer part but other side where battery sign is and oil gauge ca any one tell me what this is and how to fix, thanks.

piperguy, Jul 31, 10:14am
describe what this light looks like?

gunhand, Jul 31, 10:17am
low fuel?

crankypants69, Jul 31, 10:18am

thewomble1, Jul 31, 11:30am
It is the malfunction indicator light. After starting car this light should turn of indicating the engine control system is operational. If it doesn't turn off while engine is running it may indicate engine control system is not functioning properly and may need servicing. Have the system checked.

fogs, Jul 31, 11:37am
My sons did that he needed to have the component replaced he has a demio 04 it was done under warranty

portchester, Jul 31, 7:38pm
the bottom orange one only and stays on as per your photo crankypants69

portchester, Jul 31, 7:38pm
we have a 5 year extended warranty this should be covered then

franc123, Jul 31, 7:51pm
Its going to depend on what the fault is, Mazda agent or auto electrician is the next port of call to get it scanned.

kazbanz, Jul 31, 8:39pm
What it is telling you is that you have a fault of some sort in or around your engine.
The most common cause with the demio is the Air Flow Meter.
The way you fix it is replace the AFM which takes about 2 minutes.
Its worth giving the one in the car a clean especially if its a recent purchase as a fresh import, Lots of turning on and off with the "choke" on gums the AFM up.

piperguy, Aug 1, 5:43am
I am not sure someone who can't identify a check engine light is going to have much success locating the AFM let along cleaning it

petal_91, Aug 1, 5:53am
Well they might google it, find a video such as the one below and discover it is only slightly more difficult than chamging a lightbulb.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ck5-GHuSApE

thewomble1, Aug 1, 3:43pm
At least they are doing something about not just keep driving I hope.

portchester, Nov 30, 10:34am
would the AFM affect auto gears(transmission) OUT OF SINC.