6/7 seater cars, help!

tui_marley, Nov 12, 8:52am
I am looking at a 6 or 7 seater vehicle. I prefer the MPV style as I could easily get to (walk) the back seats. Whereas the odyssey or mitsi outlander needs to move seats. I need car seats in most seats hence I need all seats to be easily accessible. What recommendations/warnings do you have regarding my options?

kazbanz, Nov 12, 7:28pm
Im sorry tui but you have a LOT of options.
One end of the scale you have the Toyota Sienta. -small economical
The other end of the scale you have Toyota Alphard/nissan el grande.
To help you could you please answer some questions.
How important is fuel economy?
What is your budget?
How many kids ion car seats?
Is MPV the size you are comfortable with? --Ie do you prefer that size or smaller or bigger?
Are you mostly city driving or country (open road) driving?
Pity you aren't in Dauckland I know a dealer somewhere would be happy to show ya the different options in the flesh )metal)

tui_marley, Nov 13, 12:18am
Needs to be good on fuel
Budget is up to 10-12k (or less)
Wanting something at least 2005
Under 120000kms
Need four car seats
I'm mostly city, with a three or four trips a week into 100kms zones
I've only mentioned MPV as its the only option I thought I had that suited my needs. Open to suggestions bigger or smaller. I like that you can walk down the middle of the car to the back seats

tamarillo, Nov 13, 12:54am
Toyota estima/previa.

next-to-normal, Nov 13, 1:41am
Toyota Alphard

kazbanz, Nov 13, 4:46am
best bang for buck in that type opf vehicle is Nissan presage.
They were 17k a couple of years back now as cheap as 7k for a good one. --plenty of walkway
otherwise the 06/07 mazda premacy is a 6 seater with a walkway or a 7 seater without.

nzjay, Nov 13, 7:26am
I agree, the Presage is a very good drive. Try and find a 3l or even a newer 3.5l, they just lope along at low revs and are probably more fuel efficient than the 2.4/2.5l and plenty of power if needed. If you want to tow as well, these big V6's have the power.

nzjay, Nov 13, 7:27am
You really need to tour the yards and see what suits. Then ask kazbanz for an opinion on your preferred choice.

tamarillo, Nov 13, 9:21am
what about a kia carnival? under rated but reliable I think. Nice NZ new one might suit?

supernova2, Nov 13, 9:43am
IMHO if I was the OP I'd take the drive to Daukland and get that nice dealer to show you all the options.

kazbanz, Nov 13, 9:22pm
heck no--have you seen the fuel rating for those?

klrider, Nov 13, 11:56pm
GSXR1000, you will make more trips but still be quicker than one in the van.

tamarillo, Nov 14, 12:26am
Nope, but obviously bad so fair enough.
Op, ignore Kia carnival !

marmar1, Nov 14, 6:17am
Mazda premacy, but might be too small but can walk down the middle.

kazbanz, Oct 20, 10:18am
Honest mate--an alphard is more economical than a carnival--and is twice the size