Honda Stream 2008+ ?

fordcrzy, Dec 7, 12:34am
considering down sizing our Ipsum to a Honda stream. any opinions on these? looking at a higher spec one possible a RSZ but not sure. I'm assuming that they are CVT and chain driven iVTEC? Any common issues with these (CVT faults?)

vtecintegra, Dec 7, 12:39am
AWD model is a normal auto (but you probably don't want AWD anyway)

How many seats do you need? They're really only a six seater.

kazbanz, Dec 7, 1:25am
ford- The stream is a really nice vehicle in the 1800cc version.
Ive had several customers do exactly what you are contemplating doing and have been really happy.
Theres no way around the fact it is a smaller vehicle than the Ipsum
The secret though is to set up your seat spacing starting from the drivers seat and see if you folks feel comfortable.
You will notice the vehicle being down on power compared to the Ipsum but equally you will notice the improvement in fuel economy.
I don't agree with vtec re being a 6 seater but equally the middle row is definitely less roomy and the middle person less comfortable than in the ipsum.
I'd suggest an 1800cc isis as an alternative --if you can live with the name

vtecintegra, Dec 7, 1:45am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the middle row only have a lap belt in the centre position? That definitely makes it a six seater in my books, even without going into how uncomfortable that position is (just look at how the seat is shaped)

fordcrzy, Dec 7, 2:37am
its only us and two kids. dont need the space for baby strollers etc any more, so need better economy around town . considering a station wagon again , but the two extra seats are a bonus for the odd occasion we need to ferry a couple extra kids. im thinking an 1800 RSZ 2wd might be the go with the 5 speed auto?

kazbanz, Dec 7, 2:43am
if that's the case mate I would STRONGLY suggest you take a 2.0l Edix for a drive. They are darned brilliant. Not a 1.7 which has the 1700 civic engine but the 2.0l which is the accord engine.
straight away they are a winner having 6 lap and diagonal belts

fordcrzy, Dec 7, 2:51am
can you confirm the transmission details between the 1800 and 2000 2wd/4wd. i DONT want cvt if i can help it. the wiki says the 1800 is 5 speed and 2000 is cvt? the edix would never get wife approval or mine as they are butt ugly

star981, Dec 9, 4:01am
Im wanting this model car aswell op i will bump this thread to see if anyone else has anymore info on them

kazbanz, Dec 9, 4:58am
Im having a bad memory day Im sxorry ford. I recall the 1800 is a 5 speed auto though

realtrader1, Jun 1, 5:28pm
Kazbanz can you recall if the 1.8L will be CVT or 5 speed auto, cheers.