Is it noral for turbo cars to backfire/pop

inkapuka, Jan 23, 7:52am
Sometimes mine make a pop noise when i throtle up then throttle off oh and better incluce car details its a 07 mazda axela mazdaspeed

attitudedesignz, Jan 23, 7:55am
Just pretend it's got an 'anti-lag' system lol.

brapbrap8, Jan 23, 7:56am
Any modifications?

treachug, Jan 23, 8:50am
Yep it will have a carbon fibre gear lever knob with blue led lights at the top

nesta129, Jan 23, 11:26am
boost leak somewhere.

inkapuka, Jan 23, 5:10pm
Lol yeah got hks ssq4 bov 5zigen exhaust and autoexe sprots air intake with k&n panel filter

morrisman1, Jan 23, 6:28pm
vent to atmosphere BOV? If it has one of them and an air flow meter then it will run rich when the BOV releases pressure.

inkapuka, Jan 23, 6:49pm
Not sure how do you tell? it came with it when i brought it

inkapuka, Jan 23, 6:50pm
Its not a loud bang or pop but can hear it fron inside the car with windows up music quiet

vivac, Jan 23, 7:38pm
Normal. It will be the BOV making it run a bit rich as stated above.
Mine used to blow meter long flames until the it got a new computer and tune.

inkapuka, Jan 23, 9:00pm
Is it bad for car or just leave it as is i geuss its been like this since new pretty much it may of been tuned iits a bit quicker than a standard mz3 mps

quickbuck, Jan 23, 11:04pm
Sorry, I don't even know what noral is, so I can't comment.

lolzor123, Jan 23, 11:50pm
[sorry for the hijack] As an aside, my twin cam 91 Familia (only 1.5L non turbo) does this as the revs drop when slowing down. It's a light crackle/pop sorta noise. Car came with a pod filter (mmm I know. ) and has had cat removed. I've never worried about it but your post has got me thinking. Would love to know what causes this. TIA :) [End of hijack]

quickbuck, Jan 23, 11:58pm
If it was a motorbike I would suggest the carburetors need a balance and it is running too lean. As it only has Fuel injection (and most likely single point) I would guess that your pod filter is allowing too much air in and making it run lean (Not too likely). OR, the is an air leak in the inlet manifold? May Be? Just guessing really.

inkapuka, Jan 23, 11:59pm
Lol normal

quickbuck, Jan 24, 12:05am
lol, what ever that is too ;)

lolzor123, Jul 24, 10:41pm
Thanks for that. gives me a starting point to look into it.