Petrol/lpg

thisles5, Nov 28, 5:46am
was looking at a mitsi. l 300 on petrol / lpg, but the home mechanic i had here today said they can be iffy ? is it a major to get rid of the lpg and just use petrol ? ta!

3tomany, Nov 28, 6:58am
if it is going ok why take it out? but otherwise if it is duel fuel then running on petrol only if you wish should be no problem, i am no mechanic just throwing an opinion out there.

intrade, Nov 28, 7:43am
a L 300 is regarged as pile of shite , thats the biggest problem if you buy a lpg you would want to run it on lpg to cut costs.

mals69, Nov 28, 9:53am
Worked for a guy that had an old bedford van that was getting 22mpg he traded it in on a L300 and ended up getting 18mpg - mitzi dealer did tests on it but could find nothing wrong with it, prob why they put it on lpg. Get a Toyota or late 80's vanette if suits - had two vanettes back in the day - got from ashburton to ch-ch in 35 minutes in one of them - were off to a stripclub that night so did not want to be late catching up with the boys :) go good.

franc123, Nov 28, 10:27am
Sure you can just pull the system out but you might not like the petrol bill. I think really if you are only planning on doing a few thousand km a year then ok don't use it but otherwise it may be worth operating. Remember the gas system needs a separate WOF which can be a pain if nobody close does them, and periodic tank testing too. Up to you whether you think its worth the hassle, get it checked over.

aredwood, Nov 28, 11:17am
http://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratings/mitsubishi/express-l300/c0271d Still want an L300? You might as well get a mid 90s Hiace. As I think they at least come with 1 airbag.

3tomany, Nov 28, 7:40pm
at the bottom of the link i see ranger scored way better than hilux. (first time i seen a test for new hilux) ok back on topic as you were.

macman26, Nov 28, 8:50pm
I once asked about the poor fuel economy of my L300 and the Mitsubishi Dealer said. "Remember you are driving an aerodynamically designed brick"

purple666, Aug 25, 11:11am
And you would be surprised how quickly that 10yr tank test comes around.