Anyone own a 1999 Nissan Terrano?

garfeild101, Jul 9, 11:29pm
Want to know why the car I just bought has suddenly got the engine light flashing at me. on the dashboard . apparently it comes on when due for a service. ,the guy said it's due. but how do I get it to go off does it need a service or just something topped up?

brapbrap8, Jul 9, 11:36pm
How many km is it up to? Might help narrow down what sort of service it is asking for.

garfeild101, Jul 9, 11:54pm
Oh it's around 254000 Kms. my last terrano a 1990 never flashed the check engine light

gmphil, Jul 10, 12:02am
so it check engine lite not a light with a spanner shape ?
maybe sumthing else wrong

andy61, Jul 10, 12:28am
More likely an issue with the engine- its not a service due reminder light. is it the 3 litre Diesel? Could be anything from faulty sensors to worn out engine. The 3 litre diesel is bad news and best avoided. The 2.7 and 3.2 diesels are the ones to buy.

monaro17, Jul 10, 12:41am
. I owned a 1999 Nissan Terranova 3.0neo a fair few years back.

No It most defiantly is NOT a service reminder light. That light is a warning light. It could be many things including a faulty or under performing mass airflow sensor

franc123, Jul 10, 12:44am
As pet #6, you are just about to find out why it got sold. Get an auto electrician or preferably a Nissan agent to check what codes have been logged, and brace yourself.

mephismeltdown, Jul 10, 12:50am
sell it and buy a diesel discovery.

garfeild101, Jul 10, 1:09am
Yup I know a few mechanics and auto electricians so getting it scanned either tmrw or Monday to see what it is.

Def the check engine light.

2sheddies, Jul 10, 1:29am
Lol. he'd be going from the frying pan into the fire!

goron56, Jul 10, 2:09am
Should of kept your old one.

intrade, Jul 10, 4:10am
make sure who ever scanns it has got a propper nissan diagnostic capable tool not just some obd2 scanner . launch-scanner can do nissan quite good for example

morrisman1, Jul 10, 7:16am
well tell us about the vehicle. is it petrol, diesel, what engine has it got? You cant expect any reasonable help without that basic information

mals69, Feb 14, 5:19pm
Yeah and pay for an auto sparkie to follow you round who should be driving a 92ish Terrano