04 BA Ford Falcon

ladyluck110, Nov 25, 4:14am
190. kms auto, when you get past 60 kphs it starts to stutter for abit (hope you understand what I mean) it only does it for abit then goes good, drop down to 90 and put foot down does it again but if you cruise it goes fine just does it when throttle bring used. Just dropped of to mechanic but just asking what your guys thoughts it could be.

The cars blue to all the smartarses out the lol. Sorry bout the long story

cagivachick1, Nov 25, 4:16am
have you checked the headlight fluid?

monaro17, Nov 25, 4:23am
Coil pack perhaps

bjmh, Nov 25, 4:27am
ladyluck110 has it had the basics ,plugs ,fuel filter etc replaced

ladyluck110, Nov 25, 4:34am
I don't think the plugs have been done for awhile ,,, does the fuel filter get changed with the service?

ntalke, Nov 25, 5:08am
If you don't know the history of the car,plugs checked and replace if they have not been done,fuel filter and while the plugs are checked clean the throttle body(affects idle)

If this does not fix then you can look at the coils

ladyluck110, Nov 25, 5:29am
I've had this car since 130. kms , I've only done services and minor things needed for worrents , its been a really good car this is the only thing that I had to take to get fixed.

I'm hoping it's just the plugs like you guys have mentioned.

ladyluck110, Nov 25, 5:32am
Oh since u mentioned idle it does sometimes feels funny at idle when pull up to lights. Like the car is shaking . Is it expensive to get throttle body cleaned?

I was meant to ask last night but forgot to.

ntalke, Nov 25, 8:45am
Cleaning the throttle body is easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHJe1VO2X0&hd=1

Wipe with a rag with some throttle body cleaner(or similar) sprayed on it,not recommended to spray into the throttle body

carclan, Nov 25, 10:30am
Clean out the throttle body, I usually remove them first.

lookoutas, Nov 27, 6:34am
Chugging?
One of the local garage owners was heading for his desk to write out a WOF two days ago, while a customer came chugging in for him to check out her car that obviously wasn't going very good.
Not far out from his building, the chugging healed itself with her foot flat to the boards, and it shot straight through the shit'ouse & shoved his desk up against the cabinets behind.
He said, three seconds later, and he would'a been sitting at his desk.
Had he been in the bog, he would've been impregnated and splattered into his desk!

The boss rang him today to book a car in, and was commenting that he was taking a long time to answer. I said - "One thing's for sure, he won't be sitting on the bog!"

ladyluck110, Aug 31, 5:09pm
Was the spark plugs, changed n now going good

Ty guys