Ford GT40 - sex bomb

mcscottwgtn, Feb 9, 8:24pm
Would love some tactile and aural time with this baby.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-OTQ3yunfU
No chrome bling too! It's soo yesterday Ford. Go Ford!
More exciting than a mare Mustang.

rob_man, Feb 9, 9:08pm
Or a stallion Mustang?
Perhaps a yearling?
I prefer the original GT40 to the re-issue ones.

mcscottwgtn, Feb 9, 9:13pm
Do you like the idea of being drizzled and splattered in hot oil?

smac, Feb 9, 9:20pm
Good looking car, if they'd made that front 'waterline' a soft rounded edge like the original rather than a knife edge it would have been a great looking car. As it is, too much like 20 other sports cars.

Can't believe they went with a 6 amidst all that talk about heritage.

floscey, Feb 9, 11:41pm
Too much for me , i will have to go for the 2016 SHELBY GT350 .

trogedon, Feb 9, 11:51pm
Tough to pony up with the cash though.

richardmayes, Feb 10, 1:11am
Beautiful - much nicer than the appallingly retro car it replaces.

In Gran Turismo 5 on the Playstation, the high-speed handling of the 2005 Ford GT is extremely dodgy compared to other mid-engined supercars with equivalent power, and it just wants to swap ends all the time due to the excessive engine weight at the rear. I wonder if they've fixed that in this new model?

mechnificent, Feb 10, 1:16am
Perhaps you mean a gelding.

whqqsh, Feb 10, 4:17am
they do lots of talking about heritage & history yet put a V6 ecoboost into it, sure it'll probably go like stink BUT there aint much heritage & history in the heart of it. IMO

rob_man, Feb 10, 7:17am
There's a guy called Frank Wigg who has made a few repros with Windsors and Hewland rears. They're very good.

mcscottwgtn, Jun 25, 1:15pm
I fancied a Lexus LFA to replace my Porsche until I found out the price was beyond stupid. Just been tooling around in the new car stats and it appears no LFA's made it to NZ new. Did see one retro Ford GT40 made it in!
Think the new GT40 looks fantastic. Better looking than the Honda NSX that appears will be sold in NZ! Wonder what sticker price they will select for the GT40 (assuming it will sell in NZ) and the NSX.