Honda

kam04, Sep 17, 2:26am
Which country are Honda cars manufactured. Like Captiva, & Trax are Korean but wear the Holden label.

tamarillo, Sep 17, 2:30am
Smorgasbord. Of late we've had British and thai made civics. Can't say I know about accords.
I'm assuming the jdm ones are Japan.
Can you be more specific?

The Holden samples you give are a bit different though. Honda make cars in plants around world and the car made in one is same as another (minor spec differences). Whereas the holders are only Korean made (and largely designed) cars from GM subsidery there, that get badge engineered. Trouble is with Holden is the vast differences in standard of design, running gear, etc. they badged the truly terrible epica (a substandard design made badly) as well as damn good Opel models, and then Commodores from Aussie. The gaps between them in quality are huge.
With Honda it's the same car wherever it's made (accepting the jdm models and some regional models). They're all designed and built by Honda to a simerlar standard.

kam04, Sep 17, 2:35am
CR-V

vtecintegra, Sep 17, 2:44am
Depends on how old it is, and which market it was initially sold in

I think they're currently coming from Thailand, but there are big plants in Indonesia and the UK (and of course Japan)

kam04, Sep 17, 2:48am
Yeah and I see Mexico & US are also on the list

vtecintegra, Sep 17, 2:50am
They're making LHD models there - while RHD stuff like the old Accord Coupe and Wagon was manufactured in the US for the Japanese domestic market I don't think any of the current range is

bryshaw, Sep 17, 3:00am
Country of manufacture should be displayed on the body label plate.

kam04, Sep 17, 3:19am
Thanks, will check that out when the 'Boss' comes home tonight

tamarillo, Sep 17, 3:23am
Might depend whether it's NZ new or import as well.

kam04, Sep 17, 3:38am
NZ new

dublo, Sep 17, 5:49am
Going back a bit but our 1999 Accord was assembled in Thailand. Its V6 engine came from Honda's Ohio assembly plant and still had its "made in USA" NGK spark plugs when we bought it in 2008.

This 6th series Accord was assembled in Nelson for a short time from mid-1998 (I don't know how many cars) before the plant closed.

franc123, Sep 17, 5:51am
? It is displayed, the first couple of digits in the 17 digit ISO VIN code identify the country of origin (or assembly if that applies) and who makes it. You just need to be able to decode it. I can list some common origin codes if you are interested.

bryshaw, Sep 17, 5:57am

pandai, Sep 17, 10:24am
New CRV's are made in Thailand at the moment, prior to 2015 it was Japan, for the NZ market.

pandai, Jun 16, 6:07pm
Other models such as Odyssey or Accord Euro are still made in Japan.