Snap On tool warranty

scorpian92, Feb 2, 8:40am
Whats the go with the Snap on tool warranty?
Do I find a truck or do I send it off somewhere?
Im no longer in the trade, so cant catch up with the dealer like I would if he was randomly stopping at my place of work.

Are they really life time warranty? To embarrassed to say how long I've had it lol
My dead blow hammer fell to bits, and wouldn't have a clue where my invoice is.

I can understand fair wear and tear I would just buy a new one, but it just split apart at the head while knocking the intake manifold to help break the gasket seal.

fordcrzy, Feb 2, 8:41am
Snap on have excellent warranties. about the only one with decent toolbox warranty

gunhand, Feb 2, 8:44am
Yes they do.
Guy came over from the UK to live in NZ along with is very old snap on gear.
Item broke, approached local dealer down here, he coughed and spluttered but had to replace it.

scorpian92, Feb 2, 8:48am
Awesome.
Cheers guys.
Ill see if I can track down the local franchise holder dealer.

flancrest, Feb 2, 9:45pm
They used to be good with warranty. Seems more and more often they try to fight it now. Try to replace with their cheaper lines, or pull the old "you must have had a pipe on it" line.

bill-robinson, Feb 2, 10:35pm
find someone who does aircraft maintainence, they will know where the nearest dealer is

gazzat22, Feb 2, 10:48pm
Should have used a hammer!

cabrio1, Feb 3, 8:25am
Snap on May knock you back on this one.
My experiance has been if you hit it ie chisel punch etc they will say not covered. May apply to the device used for hitting also. Worth a shot though.
Aircraft trade myself and have tried to replace heaps of snap on stuff, mostly successful. Chisels, punches, screwdriver bits not so.

flancrest, Feb 3, 8:33am
Have always preferred Hazet, and if American, then Wright Tools. Snap On Tools just don't match the hype.

mechnificent, Feb 3, 9:20pm
Yup, snap-on are very strong tools and have a very good warranty. I've had snapon and stahlwille tools replaced that were about twenty-five years old when they broke, both sockets, both replaced without a problem.

I was surprised to tell the truth !

strobo, Feb 4, 11:14am
"Snap on" name says it all really !

richard198, Feb 4, 3:45pm
OP broke a hammer using it in the manner intended so I reckon he should be sweet?

geejay68, Feb 4, 8:23pm
They give no warranty on dead blow hammers mine fell to pieces the snap-on rep no help, said wasn't covered when less than year old when pieces of plastic outer started coming off in chucks only used tapping gear box housings together. totally disintergrated hitting a chrome bumper end a year or so later( not chips split into huge bits bagged & gave to snap-on rep) "NO WARRANTY"

geejay68, Feb 4, 8:28pm
Also they used to replace feeler blades when you couldn"t read numbers on them , the reps laugh at that today ( 30 years makes a difference even to lifetime warranties ) still good tools but their waranty is not a patch on what it once was

oversize, Jul 7, 7:05pm
I have never had an issue with them replacing broken tools not that I have broken many. considering most of my snap-on tools are 25 years old now I don't know if the new ones are still as good.