Westlake Girls College accident.

hawat, Sep 25, 3:18pm
Anyone got info on what happened? Was the driver a young guy (showing off) a normal person with a medical or mechanical incident?. Luckily all 3 young girls in Starship are on the mend. Cops say they can't say more while they investigate things but someone will have the goss on what happened? Just curious having met the mum of the one that was critical but not critical now.

rsr72, Sep 25, 4:03pm
A boy racer attempting to show off to the school girls more than likely.

tmenz, Sep 25, 4:12pm
It happened at a point where the lanes from Wairau road and Forest Hill road converge to run alongside each other. Lots of lane swapping and some queue jumping goes on there at busy times. Both Wairau road traffic and Forest Hill road traffic have green lights to feed into the parallel lanes at the same time and there is some assumption that both lanes are available to each without the need to signal or merge correctly.

john1623, Sep 25, 4:12pm
Skyline coupe, go figure.

gammelvind, Sep 25, 5:27pm
That is what I assumed as well, here in Tauranga that model is used to cut down trees planted on the berm.

rsr72, Sep 25, 5:51pm

marree, Sep 25, 9:48pm
I was wondering re this also, however all's quiet due to Police investigation. Just glad the kids are okay (and hopefully the one who was critical is pulling through OK too). From initial witness accounts the vehicle mounted the kerb / pathway some 50 metres prior to impact. I was thinking "medical misadventure" or similar, until I saw the car. That can't be ruled out, however sounds more like a "boy racer" who lost control.

morrisman1, Sep 25, 10:23pm
Wonder if thats a GTR model or just a normal couple. Pity if its a GTR, im not a fan of them but they are a valuable classic now.

kevymtnz, Sep 25, 10:30pm
if there was a reason for hanging this would be it could have killed a few here
the dick should get jail and loss of licence for 10 years
but soft Nat he will get 100hrs CS and 6 months

sr2, Sep 25, 10:45pm
Sadly the kids apparently aren't "OK". I have it from a reliable source that the adolescent that went completely under the car (although no longer in a life threatening condition) has multiple, permanent life changing injuries while another still faces years of surgery and rehab.

Apparently the reason for the media blackout re the driver is because he/she is either a juvenile, or on probation, home detention etc.

supernova2, Sep 26, 1:38am
Wonder if there was a mobile 'phone involved?

the-lada-dude, Sep 26, 7:55am
+ one . where's the mobile car crusher ?

cwag, Sep 26, 8:35am
Hey everyone. We all sympathise with the poor girls involved but trial by speculation won't help anybody. Unless you were on the spot to witness what actually happened there is not much point in sharing your pet theory.
And as for the poster who seems more concerned about the loss of a classic car being written off .

whqqsh, Sep 26, 8:39am
many years ago at that exact spot I drove past & saw a young guy, overalls tied around his waist (some local apprentice probably) standing on the road side of that same fence. There were 3 attractive girls on the other side of the fence. He was pashing one pretty young blonde thing who was leaning over from the other side of the fence. I thought 'lucky bugger', but then he moved over to one of the others & got stuck into that one too. I was impressed & thought 'now he's got his shit together!'

vivac, Jan 9, 11:15pm
Its not a GTR.