Honda blue type 2 coolant

Page 1 / 2
tamarillo, Jul 12, 1:02pm
What do experts use? I see other blue ones available, Penrite have one, is this same thing as Hondas own type 2 stuff.
Top up of 2012 CRV 2.4.
Local super cheap has nought that is blue or says ok for Honda.

tony9, Jul 12, 2:05pm
The only consistency with the colour of coolant these days is the dye that is used.

Look for a modern one that is universal and it will be fine. Prestone from Supercheap is one that is usually a reasonable price.

intrade, Jul 12, 5:41pm
its best To buy from honda to get the right fluid if you use wrong crap you get mud and or rotting plastik leaking seals . you name it.
Make sure to buy concentrate and mix it 50% with pure dew ultra destilled supermarket water.

gerald4, Jul 12, 7:24pm
Repco sells blue coolant.

intrade, Jul 12, 7:39pm
colour has 0 zip nada to do with it meeting factory spec or being correct fluid.
if you have yellow coolant. do you think its ok if i sell you my yellow piss as it matches the colour as compatible fluid?
I hope you understand what the problem is.
compatible is a bull$hit word it means it dont meets any standard.
if i say my piss is compatible then it is by whos standard. well by the standard who ever sold it to you.
I never said it was the right fluid or meets any manufacturer specs. thats just what you did assume by the trick word compatible.

wind.turbine, Jul 12, 8:19pm
I might start selling water with blue dye it in, im gona be bloody rich!

tamarillo, Jul 12, 9:45pm
Ok, so it needs to be Honda branded stuff, or not.
I'll trust intrade on this unless someone knows different.

robotnik, Jul 12, 9:56pm
Nulon Blue Long Life Coolant claims to be compatible with Honda Type 2 coolant. Have been using it for about 2 years in a 2011 Jazz, and the car and radiator seems fine, not that is much of a test really I guess. Repco stocks Nulon coolants.

If you weren't wanting to top up too much and were really concerned with compatibility, you could top it up with demineralized water instead. If you didn't put in too much it probably wouldn't dilute the existing Honda coolant that much.

https://www.nulon.com.au/products/cooling-systems/blue-long-life-concentrated-coolant

supernova2, Jul 12, 10:48pm
Hop onto Supacreep's web site
http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/vehicle-search/parts-guide
They have some options listed there.

gerald4, Jul 13, 7:06am

intrade, Jul 13, 10:26am
Ok then Repco sells PENRITE Blue Coolant
There is quite a few problems right there.
First of all Vw coolant is G13+ g12 both pink and only the old g11 who caused engine problems was blue for vw.
while nothing bad will happen if you top up a g11 with G13 other then the color turning to rust brown.
Next problem is GM use dexcool Now nuolen is dexcool and states it meets the GM code on some older sold nuolen red coolants.
This stuff lists all cars.
it is absolut impossible that G12 is the same as dexcool like this lable
PENRITE Blue Coolant claims. So what is is. Will penrite give you in writing that they pay for the damage . or will the lawyer in court point out the trick wording and that it dont meet nothing like only the lable meets the sself imposed spec and not the actuarl manufacturers specifications.

below it states save blabla . what is save .
its save if you fill my piss in your cooling system also. the question is for how long . different paragraph.
No coolant on this planet is good for 450.000km thats just like the milli amp ratings of chinese power bank who are looking like big numbers .
So now lets say its G11 vw coolant as that was blue.
Vw dont sell that no more because it caused quite some cooling system problems and its best to get the highest spec fluid if you can for a vag
it must say meets G13 or G13++ standard
anything else is just trickery and hogwash. Wording
Every vag product has big letters on the coolant bowl G 12
to make sure you only put G12 in there as where G13 is backwards compatible vw will give you that in writing.
The best would be G13++ but i have not managed to find that as most require G12 as per coolant bowl.

intrade, Jul 13, 10:41am
somone should seriously take these people to court for printing these deceptive lables on ther not factory spec meeting coolants

intrade, Jul 13, 10:48am
save to mix see back for detail. i wonder if the disclaimer that its not suposed to be in your engine is on the back.
i did select a 1985 golf repco stated may not fit your vehicle. and a 2018 amarok both the same outcome "May not fit your vehicle " Because it dont as its not vw coolant like the lable trys to trick you in to.

intrade, Jul 13, 10:52am
on the back you can actuarly read.
Recomended. means they never told you it was correct.
Then it states it can be mixed with type A coolant.
Well What is that i dont know of any manufacturer who useds type A as there standard. So there you go already a lawyer will point out that its up to you as it said its only recomended for type A .
repco cover there ass with it may not be suitable clearly states there also.
Personally i recon we need a company taken to court for deceptive labeling but then lawyers all work on such wordings its how they get rich one word cancels another. its why they have court like kimdotcom for years and years. because its all juggeling of deception and wording and counter wording of proofing and disproofing till all lawyers are filfy rich and one party runs out of money and then the one who had more money to feed the lawyers won.

kevymtnz, Jul 13, 10:53am
funny how they call it coolant when all it does is stop corrosion
just top it up with filtered water 50/50 is still fine

intrade, Jul 13, 11:01am
15 my piss is already 50/50 acording to my recomendation so its fine . rite.

intrade, Jul 13, 11:08am
they forgot to list honda lol. by the looks. ah no its there on the front.
i wonder if they also sell honda trans fluid that dont acturaly meets honda spec as hond Dont let no one else make there stuff as far as i know.

msigg, Jul 13, 12:15pm
Tony has the idea.you need to read the labels for compatability. car companies don't produce the coolant themselves. They get someone to make it and put there liable on it so long as you buy the product with the correct additives you are all good. Not correct additives means reading the product information. If too hard go to the dealership and buy off them

andrew691, Jul 13, 1:59pm
Shit for brains confirmed.
Its obvious by your overall generalizations and non specificity of your posts that you have a greatly exaggerated opinion of your level of knowledge to the point of extreme arrogance while only exhibiting your incredible ignorance

tamarillo, Jul 13, 3:08pm
Thanks everyone. I decided that is important to use something that is specced for Honda and the OAT thing so got Penrite blue. Specifically speed for Honda plus OAT, whatever the hell that is.

supernova2, Jul 14, 12:26am
Isn't Oat something you feed a horse? If so should be fine in a Honda

intrade, Jul 14, 5:40pm
come back when you fixed a car with bent valves . Then we talk who has $hit for a brain. and it aint gona be me-

tamarillo, Jul 14, 10:22pm
Honda and horse anology completely escapes me.

utwo, Jul 15, 5:56pm
I think he got Honda confused with Ferrari.

tamarillo, Jul 15, 6:06pm
Yes I do that often, must be the vtec