Mitsubishi Outlander Transmissions.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 11, 9:17pm
Just in case someone is curious as I don't want to side track their thread.

The Outlander runs the Jatco JF011 which is is a bit stronger and more reliable than the unit run in the Tiida, note etc.

The Lafesta also runs this unit and I have seen many of those with transmission problems at low km. However. unlike the JF009 which has multple different issues, the reason the better transmission dies in the Lafesta but lasts much longer in the Outlander is that the Lafesta only uses a heat exchange type transmission cooler, whereas the Outlander has a proper seperate transmission oil cooler.

Take this with a grain of salt because I am remember stuff told to me 5 years ago, but I think I am right.

Hope that helps someone. BTW, I had forgotten the Lafesta ran the other trans until I was reminded in the other thread. Also, I wouldn't call the JF011 a robust transmission but suitably cooled it usually seems to get at least an extra 30K before it fails compared to the Tiida trans.

If I was really keen on an Outlander I would also consider the Peugeot badged version with a manual trans. Just don't whatever you do buy the Peugeot one in auto as it has the Ford DSG type which is a disaster.

azzab54, Oct 28, 4:49pm
Have you owned an Outlander Jazz ?