Green sticker WOF to the testing station or not?

Page 1 / 2
1ollie, Mar 9, 8:42am
Just purchased a car for cheap as to make some money from and its green stickered im just wondering if you have to take it to the testing station or just a normal WOF place! I know you used to be able to go to a normal WOF place but havint been in this situation for a few years and a mate says green or pink both have to go to testing station now.

Cheers people

intrade, Mar 9, 8:42am
green stickervtnz only cost is 100$ for that wof.

mr40cal, Mar 9, 8:51am
green/pink sticker can be removed at a licenced vehicle testing facility, so longs as they do wof only and no repairs (as I understand) - so VTNZ or any other independent testing facility that is a WOF/COF only place

1ollie, Mar 9, 8:53am
Really! thats weird because pink sticker is only $80

1ollie, Mar 9, 8:53am
Still doesint really give me a defanat answer to my question though

a18a, Mar 9, 8:58am
x1
Why does it cost more if you have a green/pink sticker!

1ollie, Mar 9, 8:59am
No to sure just allways has but its a f*cking stupid thing and not fair!

hounddog2, Mar 9, 9:01am
Hey Ollie I went to vinz cost me 70

mr40cal, Mar 9, 9:07am
oh well I tried

1ollie, Mar 9, 10:23am
Sorry I just didint take your post right.
I researched up afterwards and saw that the law got changed a few years ago as my mate said so sorry for that.

smac, Mar 9, 7:11pm
The law didn't change, the NZTA's interpretation of it did. Last year too, not a few years ago. Where you need to go is a Transport Service Delivery Agent (TSDA) which in general terms means VTNZ, VINZ and AA but there are a couple independents as well.

ct9a, Mar 9, 7:15pm
x1
but.there is alot not printed on the site or known to public

find out the date it was stickered as there was a change over point i think 8monthes ago

1fordluva, Mar 9, 7:37pm
x1
Correct or more so find out why it was green stickered then,you have a place to start before going to vtnz and getting raped.

intrade, Mar 9, 7:56pm
i went to vtnz with a clients car with green sticker for no tail lights. and got charged 100$ that was over a year ago now also vtnz near industrial bunnings rewarewa road. is all i can tell myabe they make prices how ever they like .
the coppers will have written a note as to why it was green stickerd.

smac, Mar 9, 8:06pm
Nope. The issue date is irrelevant as to who can remove it.

spead, Mar 9, 8:42pm
you took a risk

smac, Mar 9, 8:55pm
Whether or not the law should be applied depends on previous offending!!

For somebody who actively promotes 'civil disobedience' (or whatever) it's surprising you want the cop to be judge and jury.

intrade, Mar 9, 8:58pm
was a copper targeting people who live on jachts . when i went to the jachtingplace later on dokland-5 the copper pulled my van up and inspected my tyres and windscreen whipers. but did not say anything, but i am sure it was him. The lights on the car with greensticker where both smashed from a wrongly attachedtrailer i was told. and i think it had no wof as he had ordered new secoundhand lights to fix and pass the wof later on. greensticker note had a fine for no wof on also that would be waved if its complyed within 14 days or something.
and the note said no driving at night lol

1fordluva, Mar 9, 10:59pm
read my post mate,it says what it was issued for,not the date.

johnf_456, Mar 9, 11:05pm
Your lucky, how long was you doing wheel spins for. Dam lucky you didn't get the book thrown at you I would of.

johnf_456, Mar 9, 11:06pm
Man what a nut of a cop.

smac, Mar 9, 11:06pm
Sorry, guilty of skim reading ;)

johnf_456, Mar 10, 12:34am
Yes for having tail lights but morally for whats I guess was some blown bulbs or fuse. There is a difference between a genuine mistake or not known to those who blatant drive over the speed limit all the time and cause accidents. Most cops would just warn or dish a fine at the worst but not green sticker just for that.

Green and pink stickers for extreme cases no minor little things.

johnf_456, Mar 10, 12:38am
and your point is!

Yes the law should be obeyed but there is a difference to abusing it as what it was the offense was intended to the actual offense. I.e something like pink slapping a blown tail light.

johnf_456, Mar 10, 12:43am
smart ass