BENT head gasket in post ?

kevlight, Sep 5, 6:23pm
is this going to be okay to use or will there be issues ?
bent in post by ,stuffing in letter box ?

bjmh, Sep 5, 7:54pm
So long as the gasket isn't cracked it'll be good . when doing a head gasket you will need to clean the block and head surfaces and check with a straight edge to make sure they aren't warped.As the kid in the ad says "its a pretty big job",so you might need some help.

whqqsh, Sep 5, 8:02pm
off topic but I knew a girl a while ago, she reckoned she had acute angina. I thought was ok but seen better

llortmt, Sep 5, 8:17pm
Make sure the head bolt treads are clean and dry (no water or oil down them) lightly oil the head bolt threads an grease the backs of the heads of the bolts. The correct torque settings are probably on that piece of paper with the gasket. (if not or in French etc ask here). Also, don't turn the engine over once the cylinder head is off, as being French I'm guessing it will have liners. As others said the engine block must be very clean and straight, send the head for checking and resurface/skim.

mrfxit, Sep 5, 8:52pm
The gasket will be fine as long as none of the steel sealing rings are kinked or dented

marmar1, Sep 5, 11:58pm
Brilliant!

aj.2., Sep 6, 12:20am
I can relate with you re the stroke , and good to see you posting here and , doing the mechanical work , i wish you well.
As others have said so long as there a no bends in the round sections that fit over the bore holes , you will be fine to use that head casket .
In days gone past i have seen copper caskets re used and with shims put in to take up the space where the block was low , .
All the best OP.

andy61, Sep 6, 12:57am
What are head caskets?, I know caskets are used at funerals but never heard of head caskets.

intrade, Sep 6, 1:32am
dont play dumb and click on the immages

roberto9, Sep 6, 3:44am
The copper were mostly reserved just for the Richard heads.

yz490, Jul 27, 2:30am
Probably get told off for saying this--but i alway grease any of my own head gaskets i've done as [theory] think it lets them just move a bit in tightening down, till tight anyway. So on that theory, thinking if it's got a kink in it--it will let it flatten right out without bonding with a groove or ridge in it. Now this will sound bloody silly but back in about 1970/72 i had a CB350 twin Honda [bike] with a head gasket made out of similar stuff to what yours looks like, with bonding type clear stuff on the surface. Fitted it & torqued her up & it leaked compression just winding it over--don't think i tried to start it--it was 'that' bad. So--thought Hmm, loosened all the head bolts & put oil down the plug holes then touched the starter & oil flew out every which way. Tightened it down & never missed a beat--no leaks & no problem. Luckily for me! . Forgotten about that till today--best forgotten lol.