When fitting a VH44 booster,do you

azzab54, Aug 8, 11:18am
plumb it up to the front or rear or both sides of the tandem master cylinder

sr2, Aug 8, 12:28pm
If you're running a tandem master cylinder (i.e. split system) you cannot connect one Hydrovac booster to both brake circuits. Connecting it to only one circuit will radically alter your front rear bias. There were cars made in the 60's with disc/drum brakes that had only the front discs boosted but the correct bias was part of the overall design.

If you can supply more information re the car you're planning to fit it to and any modifications that have been done to the existing brakes I'm happy to point you in the right direction.

pfemstn, Aug 9, 8:11pm
vh 44 is old school made for single line systems, however you can use two.one for front and one for rear like old BMW/s used to!

neville48, Aug 11, 7:00am
Just use it for the front and plumb in an adjustable balance valve and go from there.

sr2, Aug 11, 9:11am
Both Willwood and Tilton "balance" valves do not control bias they only limit hydraulic pressure. Unless the system is configured for boosted fronts only (typically disc/drum) you'll end up with negligible rear braking.

azzab54, Aug 19, 9:16am
Its a 66 rambler,with drums all round.

sr2, Aug 19, 9:36am
Is it fitted with the original tandem master cylinder?

sr2, Aug 19, 11:26pm
Keep in mind that fitting a booster will not improve the efficiency or performance of your brakes, it will only reduce the amount of pedal pressure required to operate them. Most drum/drum systems came unassisted because it simply wasn??

pfemstn, Aug 21, 12:00am
SR2 you will l probably find the master cylinder is under the floor!

azzab54, Aug 21, 9:44am
Yea the brakes work fine,just looking for less foot pressure,i may use the later Rebel mastervac unit. The master cylinder is on the firewall with plenty of room around it.

sr2, Aug 21, 10:27am
Sorry mate, another 20 years earlier and you'd be right (no offence intended).

sr2, Aug 21, 10:28am
You're on to it mate, let us know if you have any issues.

pfemstn, Aug 22, 5:16am
sr2 my 63 stude has it under the floor!, lots of Yank tanks did well into the 60,s

sr2, Sep 16, 3:02am
interesting re your stude, I would have thought by the 60's it would have been the exception to the norm.
I'm no expert on Yank tin but I do recalll the ramblers having pendant pedals.